Test Development Engineer
Salary MYR72,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant PakLin Song
Job Ref 1887900/001
Date posted 23 December 2022penang tech-transformation/tester 2022-12-23 2023-02-21 it penang penang MY MYR 72000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Test Development Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, this role supports manufacturing test system development activities/projects and system deployment to meet company business activities.
About the Test Development Engineer Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Test Development Engineer will play a key role in the test engineering team continued development and success.
- Responsible for the design and development of test solution in terms of hardware design and software coding for manufacturing test
- Understand customer test specification and test requirement
- Read and understand product design schematics and circuit diagram and identify/proposed measurement point and test point
- Identify and select suitable test equipment for product electrical measurement
- Ability to design electronic circuit and source for electronics components for use to interface with product during testing
- Perform system integration, debug, and conduct system repeatability study and optimisation
- Brainstorm and provide ideas, suggestions, and solutions to the various approach of testing a product
- Responsible for project deployment into production and support activities
- Ability to setup and debug test system timely for pilot builds
- Ability to support factory pilot build, identify issues lists and track to closure
- Assist factory in identifying and rectifying test system related technical issues during mass productions
- Ability to manage risk and escalate to management team if necessary
- Ability to work effectively within different cross-functional teams within the company
- Ability to communicate and co-work with customers and internal team on test requirement and test system design
- Attend weekly project conference call with customer and cross-functional team from factory
- Provide timely update on factory manufacturing test activities and project status
- Travelling and onsite support
- Ability to travel (when condition permits) both in Asia and USA during project pilot build and ad-hoc issue resolution
To succeed in this Test Development Engineer role, you must possess C++ and C# experience and preferably exposure to a Optics/Vision environment.
- Bachelor’s degree/MSc in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' working experience on test engineering, test development, or equivalent working experience in a manufacturing environment
- Test and measurement instrumentation exposure and experience in software development for remote equipment control is required
- Some software coding experience. C#, C++, python, Linux and script programming skill
- Good technical and analytical skill with ability to perform electronic system debug effectively
- Experience in consumer product audio and optical modules testing will be an advantage
- Experience in mobile phone manufacturing test development and RF test will be an advantage
- Knowledge in micro-Controller programming, Android, iOS programming will be an advantage
- Knowledge in RF Antenna test is an advantage
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Test Development Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR84,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 18 January 2023A renowned manufacturing company in the manufacturing and production industry in Penang is recruiting for a Senior Test Development Engineer job. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, this is a role for an engineer who is a subject matter expert in their field.
Salary: MYR72,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 23 December 2022Due to expansion plans of the organisation, a multinational manufacturing and production of semiconductor company specialising in data conversion, signal processing and power management technology is recruiting for a Senior Test Development Engineer job for their expanding R&D team. You will be responsible for the test programme and solution development of new semiconductor products in Penang.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR108,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 18 January 2023A renowned company in the manufacturing and production industry in Penang is recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Engineer job to join who as part of the manufacturing digitalisation and IT team, you are part of the digital transformation and drive innovative solutions.
Salary: MYR72,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: KedahDate posted: 18 January 2023An exciting IT Solutions Analyst - MES application role has just become available in the manufacturing and production of a prestigious electronics manufacturing firm, based in Kedah.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR108,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: KulimDate posted: 06 January 2023An exciting Azure/M365 Infrastructure Engineer job in a multinational world leading manufacturing and production company to be based in the Kulim, Kedah has just become available. This role will be part of the pioneer team focusing on IT infrastructure on-site support.