Test Development Engineer
Salary MYR72,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant PakLin Song
Job Ref 1870020/001
Date posted 01 November 2022penang tech-transformation/tester 2022-11-01 2022-12-31 it penang MY MYR 72000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Test Development Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, this is a role that supports manufacturing test system development activities/projects and system deployment to meet company business activities.
About the Test Development Engineer Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Test Development Engineer will play a key role in the test engineering team's continued development and success.
- Design and develop test solution in terms of hardware design and software coding for manufacturing test
- Understand customer test specification and test requirement
- Read and understand product design schematics and circuit diagram and identify/proposed measurement point and test point
- Identify and select suitable test equipment for product electrical measurement
- Design electronic circuit and source for electronics components for use to interface with product during testing.
- Perform system integration, debug, and conduct system repeatability study and optimisation
- Brainstorm and provide ideas, suggestions, and solutions to the various approach of testing a product
- Be responsible for project deployment into production and support activities
- Set up and debug test system for pilot builds in a timely manner
- Support factory pilot build, identify issues lists and track to closure
- Assist the factory in identifying and rectifying test system related technical issues during mass productions
- Manage risk and escalate to management team if necessary
- Work effectively within different cross-functional teams within the company
- Communicate and co-work with customers and internal team on test requirement and test system design
- Attend weekly project conference call with customer and cross-functional team from factory
- Provide timely update on factory manufacturing test activities and project status
- Provide onsite support
- Travel (when condition permits) both in Asia and USA during project pilot build and ad hoc issue resolution
The successful candidate must possess C++ and C# experience and preferably with exposure to optics/vision environment.
- Bachelor’s degree/MSc in electronics engineering or equivalent
- Two or more years of work experience in test engineering, test development, or equivalent working experience in a manufacturing environment
- Test and measurement instrumentation exposure and experience in software development for remote equipment control is required
- Software coding experience. C#, C++, python, Linux and script programming skills
- Good technical and analytical skills with the ability to perform electronic system debug effectively
- Experience with consumer product audio and optical modules testing is an advantage
- Experience with mobile phone manufacturing test development and RF test is an advantage
- Knowledge in micro-controller programming, Android, iOS programming is an advantage
- Knowledge in RF Antenna test is an advantage
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Test Development Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR84,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: KedahDate posted: 25 November 2022An exciting SAP Business Analyst job has just become available at an established multinational manufacturing and production firm located at Kuala Ketil Industrial Estate, Kedah. The company commenced manufacturing hoses, fittings and filters in 1946. Over the years, they have established a commitment to quality, extensive research and product development, placing them at the forefront of the hydraulic industry.
Salary: MYR72,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 14 November 2022An exciting MES Developer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. This is a role for MES Developer has MES knowledge and an understanding of the troubleshooting and fix of MES and traceability technical issues.
Salary: MYR72,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 25 October 2022A renowned manufacturing and production company in the automotive industry in Penang is seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to develop software design taking into consideration the dependencies to other module and integration into the overall system.
Salary: MYR72,000 - MYR108,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 05 April 2022A MES Developer (Manufacturing) job has become available at a manufacturing and production organisation in Penang.