LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support)
Salary MYR5,000 - MYR8,000 per month + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sarah Nunis
Job Ref 1845780/001
Date posted 29 August 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/tester 2022-08-29 2022-10-28 it Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 5000 8000 8000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support) job opportunity has just become available one of the leading banks in Malaysia.
About the LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support) Role:
In this critical role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining functional and secure network across regional countries. You will mentor a team of L1 network engineers and troubleshoot L2/L3 issues to optimise our networks for our users.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues and provide solutions
- Provide periodic network traffic and security status reporting. Contribute to root cause analysis reports for network outages
- Respond to emergency calls regarding WAN / LAN outages (evenings and on weekends)
- For the LAN Network Engineer role: (I) design and deploy functional networks involving datacentres, campus offices around Cisco Technologies; (II) configure and install Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco WLC and other Cisco network devices; (III) routing via VMWare NSX products; (IV) monitor/administer network health check, performance, and integrity
- For the WAN Network Engineer role: (I) maintain large WAN environment of over 1000 regional locations; (II) support day-to-day operations, e.g. routing, switching and hardware replacement; (III) work with the NOC to troubleshoot and resolve issues; (IV) provide WAN support for initiatives that revolve around the optical backbone
- Perform day-to-day network administration tasks including network equipment installation, configuration, upgrades, testing, and troubleshooting
- Resolve BAU operational issues within the agreed time frame
To succeed in this LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support) role, you are required to have hands-on experience with L2 and L3 technical support.
- Minimum of five years' related working experience in Cisco routing and switching
- Good knowledge in Cisco SDWAN
- Professional Cisco certification (Minimum of CCNP routing and switching or equivalent)
- Working experience with Cisco ACI and/or Cisco Nexus Switches e.g. OTV, VPC, VDC
- Professional certification (Minimum of CCNP routing and switching or Datacenter or equivalent). CCIE is an advantage
- Good understanding in Wireshark
The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record leading project and teams covering infrastructure and networking, you can take your career forward with this exciting LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support) role.
Apply today or email me at Sarah.Nunis@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 September 2022An exciting IT Helpdesk – Japanese/Korean speaking job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading IT services/consultancy companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR66,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022An exciting IT Security Operations Engineer job has just been made available at one of the one of the strong reinsurers in Malaysia. You will be managing and executing all the IT operations activities according to the organisation’s risk and compliance requirements.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 August 2022An exciting Service Engineer, L1.5 (SIP & VoIP) job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading IT services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.