Design Validation Testing Engineer
Salary MYR60,000 - MYR84,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant PakLin Song
Job Ref 1811560/001
Date posted 07 June 2022penang tech-transformation/tester 2022-06-16 2022-08-06 it Penang Penang MY MYR 60000 84000 84000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Design Validation Testing Engineer job has just become available at a well-known electronics manufacturing firm in Penang, Malaysia. Under the general direction from the Business Unit R&D, your primary responsibilities will include testing new products, software, custom design modules or custom features for the company’s metrology tools, as well as creating test documentation and test cases.
About the Design Validation Testing Engineer Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Design Validation Testing Engineer will work with the cross-functional team including sales, production, product management, and product development engineers to develop new or customised products.
- Work with the engineering design team to define requirements for custom hardware and software
- Provide testing and feedback of the performance of new hardware and software to verify that the product meets all specifications
- Develop testing strategies
- Create test cases and testing documentation in Jira and Confluence
- Write operation manuals for new equipment
- Work with manufacturing to establish pass fail-criteria, create QC test procedures, and provide training
- Provide documentation and training to field service Engineering on how to set-up and use the product
- Establish test procedures with the Field Service Team for customer site acceptance tests
- Work with Sales Applications to support writing application notes for the new product. Design and conduct experiments for optical tool, collect data and present in a manner to demonstrate the capability of the product
- Design Validation testing of hardware and software for new or custom products
- Provide validation testing of new hardware for new products to verify that the new design meets all product requirements. Provide detailed feedback on any required areas of improvements
- Work with the software team to provide validation testing of new software. Provide bug reports and feedback to the software team in Jira
To succeed in the Design Validation Testing Engineer job, you must be able to learn how to use the optical tool and set up the tool for different applications using hand tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Science, Physics, or Mechanical Engineering with five years of relevant experience
- Broad working experience performing standard tests on Bruker optical tools
- Excellent written and oral communication in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Works precisely and pays close attention to details
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Advanced organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple
- tasks simultaneously
- A thorough working knowledge of Windows 10 and MS Office
- Comfortable with using conference tools (MS Teams)
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Design Validation Testing Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply for this role today. To find out more, please contact Song on +604-240 2131 or e-mail to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1811560.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR48,000 - MYR78,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 17 May 2022An established multinational manufacturing and production firm is currently seeking a Firmware/Software Engineer to be based in Penang. In this job, you will assist the design team within the software and firmware development for the relevant hardware of a height-adjustable desk system such as controller, power supply, handsets, etc. Furthermore, you will collaborate with other engineers to develop semi-automated jigs and check gauges for the production floor.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR90,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 07 June 2022An exciting Senior System Engineer job has just become available at a renowned logistics distribution and supply chain company based in Penang. You will obtain competitive advantage for the organisation by using information technology and digital strategies to improve business processes and streamline operations.
Salary: MYR42,000 - MYR66,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 05 April 2022An exciting MES Software Developer job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing company to be based in the northern region in Penang. The MES Software Developer is responsible for supporting manufacturing related applications and leading the manufacturing and production of an established manufacturing plant focusing on this is a role for an MES Software Developer who is a leader in their field.