Principal Test Automation (Team Lead)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Desmond Lew
Job Ref 1812810/001
Date posted 07 June 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/tester 2022-06-16 2022-08-06 it Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Principal Test Automation (Team Lead) job has become available at a financial services company.
About the Principal Test Automation (Team Lead) Role:
In this Principal Test Automation (Team Lead) role, you will set up the automated testing framework and strategy and lead the automated testing activities in a manner that results in better, cheaper, faster solution delivery for the organisation. In addition, you are responsible for developing, running, debugging, and maintaining automated UI, functional, and end-to-end automated test scripts used to validate the functionality of the organisation's technology solutions.
- Develop and execute an enterprise test automation strategy
- Design and develop automated test scripts and maintain end-to-end automated test scripts to drive quality (include reducing testing lead times), that meets business and technical requirements
- Design and implement a process to keep automated scripts current, flexible, and designed to work within a continuous integration/continuous deployment framework, by having and maintaining documentation on automated testing process, to ensure reusability and compliance with standards
- Participate in planning (e.g. to identify key test types, testing stakeholders, tools and environment requirements) and other sessions (e.g. an agile scrum team environment, by updating the team on progress, advise of roadblocks, and collaborate with multiple team members as appropriate)
- Analyse bugs and errors found during test execution, log and document bugs in the tracking system
- Identify lessons learned together with best practices and share it on common the knowledge repository. This is to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to avoid similar issues in the next release
- Report test status and risk management by conducting test status meetings with stakeholders to update the test progress, risks and issues on an ad hoc, daily, weekly and monthly basis as per the project requirements
- Ensure timely completion of quality test within project timeline and free from defects and meeting the company’s standards and procedures
- Provide dashboards on all automated testing progress and metrices
To succeed in this Principal Test Automation (Team Lead) role, you will need to have hands-on working knowledge within test automation development with experience creating functional, regression, or automation tests.
- Graduate with at least a bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in software testing with at least five years’ working experience in automation software testing and management
- Identify errors in software functionality, performance bottlenecks, erroneous data sets and create thorough analysis reports
- Develop and organise scripts, tools, documentation, and data test sets in a version control system
- Experience with modern IT Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodology concepts and hands-on practice
- Experience working with vendors
- Management experience in leading and managing a team of QA testers
- Strong communication and relationship skills to engage with key stakeholders at the senior management level and working level
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive automation tester and looking for new challenges, this Principal Test Automation (Team Lead) role is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me your updated resume at email@example.com. Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 July 2022An exciting Head of Analytics & Decision Science job has just become available at one of the top financial services companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Competitive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 June 2022An exciting ERP Project Manager job has just become available at a global manufacturer in Malaysia.
Salary: MYR20,000 - MYR35,000 per month + Medical, Optical, DentalLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 June 2022An exciting Head of IT Governance, Risk & Compliance job has just become available at a large financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to strategically manage the company’s IT risk position by ensuring compliance issues are resolved and evaluated to fill up particular gaps.
Salary: CompetitiveLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 June 2022A new Senior Project Manager (ERP) job is available at an IT-based shared service centre.
Salary: CompetitiveLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 June 2022An exciting IT Business Partner (FMCG) job has recently been made available at a global FMCG organisation.