Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Wei Chua
Job Ref 1913520/001
Date posted 13 March 2023kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/software-development 2023-03-21 2023-05-12 it Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Release Engineer job has just become available at one of the most reputable insurance firms.
About the Release Engineer Role:
Your main responsibility to ensure a successful deployment of projects and applications.
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
- Work together with the development team in forward planning of releases based on pre- defined windows and regular deployment cycles
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Work with developers to understand impacts of branches for code merges
- Perform code merging; build generation, coordination of pre-production verification (with development team) and coordinate the production release
- Document and streamline the operations team processes and controls
- Communicate release details and schedules to the business, as required
- Lead and coordinate the go-live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
- Create and circulate the post-deployment report, detailing all the projects, changes, enhancements and fixes included in the latest release
- Ensure that post-release tasks are followed up by MiDC, business analysts or the in-county teams, as needed
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification distribution lists
- Negotiate, plan and manage ad hoc releases
- Develop scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Research new software developments, configuration management methodologies and technologies, analysing their application and suitability for current configuration management needs
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Manage Jira and Confluence administration
- Set up and develop CICD
- Develop and maintain IT operational practices
- Attend CAB meetings to discuss the release schedules with the team
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong understanding of the .NET framework, as well as the software development life cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Three to five years of previous release and/or project management experience (solid understanding of project management principles is preferred)
- Knowledge of software development life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams towards task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Familiar with insurance workflow processes
- Understanding of Windows Server 2012 or above server operating systems
- Extensive experience designing and/or developing solutions in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Knowledge of agile methodologies, including Scrum, Waterfall, or Kanba
- Familiar with Devops and CICD framework
- Experience in source control tools such as TFS and Githu
- Familiar with branching strategies and code merge
- Experience in Window Azure cloud management
- Experience in Jira, Jenkins, Nexus, Bit Bucket, Bamboo and Confluence
- Experience in SQL Server, Reporting Services and Analysis Service
- Must be familiar with :
- System specification and analysis procedures
- Object-oriented programming methods and languages
- Systems software specification life cycle
- Web development technologies
The successful candidate will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. If you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. A great career progression opportunity awaits the right person for this Release Engineer role.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7089
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 March 2023An attractive Application Architect job has become available at a reputable bank located in Kuala Lumpur. The Application Architect will work with people responsible for architectural communication in all aspects of IT services to work on a highly complex IT landscape.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 March 2023As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this reputable organisation within the banking industry is recruiting for a Senior Java Developer job for their regional development team. You will be based in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 March 2023An exciting VP, SQL DBA job has just become available at one of the top banking clients based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 March 2023An exciting Database Administrator (SQL) job has just become available at an award-winning FinTech company in Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to optimise performance for the company’s database system and support developers with efficient database structures.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 March 2023A new IT Business Analyst - SAP SD job has just become available at a global IT hub of a renowned MNC.