Salary Market Aligned
Consultant PakLin Song
Job Ref 1804450/001
Date posted 08 November 2022penang tech-transformation/software-development 2022-11-08 2023-01-07 it penang MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established multinational manufacturing and production firm is currently recruiting for a Firmware/Software Engineer job based in Penang. In this job, you will assist the design team within the software and firmware development for the relevant hardware of a height-adjustable desk system such as controller, power supply, handsets, etc. Furthermore, you will collaborate with other engineers to develop semi-automated jigs and check gauges for the production floor.
About the Firmware/Software Engineer Role:
In this role, you will act as the key person to design the electronic hardware which involves the motion system, sensor, power supply for the mechanical product.
- Evaluate, assist, and improve project firmware needs for height adjustable desk applications
- Implement, modify, and debug firmware for motion control systems
- Implement, modify, and debug software controller interaction for windows applications
- Test, verify, improve, and document firmware for motor control systems
- Develop with a cross-functional team adequate test equipment for mass production purposes
- Assist the NPI team to successfully launch new electronic components to mass production
To succeed in this Firmware/Software Engineer position, you will need to have the ability to present creative solutions and work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or Computer Science and with at least two years of job experience in a related field
- Good written and verbal skills in English with the ability to communicate with external and internal teams is essential
- High focus on the company’s goals and objectives
- Strong people skills to be able to work as a team member and contribute towards the growth of a healthy work environment
- Ability to present creative solutions and work independently
- Deliver high-quality work under tight schedules and deadlines
- Proficient in programming language C/C++, C#/.Net is required
- Understanding of hardware components and their interaction is preferred
- Familiarity with IoT integration and motion control systems
- Familiarity with BDC motor controls (hall sensors, PID control circuits, etc.)
- Understanding of electrical measurements
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Firmware/Software Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please email me at email@example.com or +60 4-240 2131 today.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 15 November 2022An exciting Software Developer C# with WPF (Hybrid) job has become available at a telecommunications company. You will be part of the pioneer team in Penang. For now, you will be reporting to the IT Senior Manager directly.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 14 November 2022An exciting Software Developer job has just become available at one of the leading manufacturer and solutions providers of integrated material handling system for a broad spectrum of manufacturing industries in Penang. This is a role for an experienced individual who is an enthusiastic and passionate about product life cycle management solutions and manufacturing operations management solutions and automation.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR78,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 25 October 2022An exciting Equipment Software Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. This is a role for an Equipment Software Engineer will work together with project team members across various departments and sites with the goal of improving equipment communication and automation processes.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 25 October 2022An exciting Senior IT Database Engineer job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing company to be based in Penang. You will be responsible for supporting manufacturing-related applications and leading the manufacturing and production of an established manufacturing plant focusing on this is a role for a Senior IT Database Engineer who is a leader in their field.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: KedahDate posted: 02 October 2022An exciting IT .net Developer job in a multinational, large investment, start-up manufacturing and production company to be based in Kulim, Kedah has just become available. Reporting directly to the IT Supervisor (Software Development), this is a role for a Software Engineer to be part of the pioneer team focusing on IT infrastructure on-site support.