Equipment Software Engineer
Salary MYR60,000 - MYR78,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant PakLin Song
Job Ref 1829310/001
Date posted 25 October 2022penang tech-transformation/software-development 2022-10-25 2022-12-24 it Penang Penang MY MYR 60000 78000 78000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Equipment Software Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. This is a role for an Equipment Software Engineer will work together with project team members across various departments and sites with the goal of improving equipment communication and automation processes.
About the Equipment Software Engineer Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Equipment Software Engineer will play a key role in understanding business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organisation to achieve its goals. This position required the skill of experiencing in project implementation from project mining to full deployment.
- Enhance, develop and provide operational support to optimise equipment systems uptime and performance
- Set up, configure and provide operational support to equipment automation and impacted CIM system
- Investigate, analyse production line operation issues and develop a solution to system related problems
- Analyse and implement improvement opportunities to enhance automation systems in support of business strategy
- Provide cross-functional leadership (for senior position) and vendor interaction to troubleshoot, analyse and develop solutions for problem involving integrated systems
- Provide training to enable first-line support are equipped with appropriate knowledge/skill to provide frontline operation support for production
- Develop technical or training material as needed
To succeed in this role, you are required to possess experience in machine programming, SECS/GEM, DLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process and database knowledge (SQL commands, data accessing, etc.).
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical and electronics, mechatronics, computer engineering, IT or equivalent
- At least three years of work experience in a related manufacturing or automation field
- Good technical skills and support experiences in machine programming, SECS/GEM, DLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process and database knowledge (SQL commands, data accessing, etc.)
- Familiar with web development such as Visual Studio.Net development skills
- Familiar with MES/CAMSTAR and ERP/Oracle application is an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and good with communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organisational skills and problem- solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Willingness and ability to train and teach other developers
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment, and to lead and influence cross organisationally with and without direct authority
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Equipment Software Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Song on +604-240 2131 or email to email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 15 November 2022An exciting Software Developer C# with WPF (Hybrid) job has become available at a telecommunications company. You will be part of the pioneer team in Penang. For now, you will be reporting to the IT Senior Manager directly.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 14 November 2022An exciting Software Developer job has just become available at one of the leading manufacturer and solutions providers of integrated material handling system for a broad spectrum of manufacturing industries in Penang. This is a role for an experienced individual who is an enthusiastic and passionate about product life cycle management solutions and manufacturing operations management solutions and automation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 08 November 2022An established multinational manufacturing and production firm is currently recruiting for a Firmware/Software Engineer job based in Penang. In this job, you will assist the design team within the software and firmware development for the relevant hardware of a height-adjustable desk system such as controller, power supply, handsets, etc. Furthermore, you will collaborate with other engineers to develop semi-automated jigs and check gauges for the production floor.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 25 October 2022An exciting Senior IT Database Engineer job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing company to be based in Penang. You will be responsible for supporting manufacturing-related applications and leading the manufacturing and production of an established manufacturing plant focusing on this is a role for a Senior IT Database Engineer who is a leader in their field.
Salary: MYR42,000 - MYR66,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 05 April 2022An exciting MES Software Developer job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing company to be based in the northern region in Penang. The MES Software Developer is responsible for supporting manufacturing related applications and leading the manufacturing and production of an established manufacturing plant focusing on this is a role for an MES Software Developer who is a leader in their field.