Equipment Software Engineer
Salary MYR60,000 - MYR78,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant PakLin Song
Job Ref 1829310/001
Date posted 19 July 2022penang tech-transformation/software-development 2022-07-19 2022-09-17 it Penang Penang MY MYR 60000 78000 78000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Equipment Software Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. This is a role for an Equipment Software Engineer will work together with project team members across various departments and sites with the goal of improving equipment communication and automation processes.
About the Equipment Software Engineer Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Equipment Software Engineer will play a key role in understanding business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organisation to achieve its goals. This position required the skill of experiencing in project implementation from project mining to full deployment.
- Enhance, develop and provide operational support to optimise equipment systems uptime and performance
- Set up, configure and provide operational support to equipment automation and impacted CIM system
- Investigate, analyse production line operation issues and develop a solution to system related problems
- Analyse and implement improvement opportunities to enhance automation systems in support of business strategy
- Provide cross-functional leadership (for senior position) and vendor interaction to troubleshoot, analyse and develop solutions for problem involving integrated systems
- Provide training to enable first line support are equipped with appropriate knowledge/skill to provide frontline operation support for production
- Develop technical or training material as needed
To succeed in this role, you are required to possess experience in machine programming, SECS/GEM, DLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process and database knowledge (SQL commands, data accessing, etc.).
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical and electronics, mechatronics, computer engineering, IT or equivalent
- At least three years of work experience in a related manufacturing or automation field
- Good technical skills and support experiences in machine programming, SECS/GEM, DLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process and database knowledge (SQL commands, data accessing, etc.)
- Familiar with web development such as Visual Studio.Net development skills
- Familiar with MES/CAMSTAR and ERP/Oracle application is an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and good with communication and interpersonal skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organisational skills and problem- solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Willingness and ability to train and teach other developers
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment, and to lead and influence cross organisationally with and without direct authority
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Equipment Software Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Song on +604-240 2131 or email to email@example.com
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR6,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 29 July 2022A Senior Test Software Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected electronics manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Section Manager, this is a role will be involved in industry 4.0 projects focus on automation and define, meet and maintain test KPI targets.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 21 July 2022A renowned manufacturing and production company in the automotive industry in Penang is seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer (Digitilisation and IT) as part of the digital transformation and drive innovative solutions.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR78,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 14 July 2022An exciting Senior IT Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production of electronics firm based in Perai, Penang. This role will be focused on IT infrastructure.
Salary: MYR48,000 - MYR60,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 04 July 2022An exciting FullStack Software Engineer job has just become available at a renowned logistics distribution and supply chain company based in Penang. You will obtain competitive advantage for the organisation by using information technology and digital strategies to improve business processes and streamline operations.
Salary: MYR54,000 - MYR72,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 04 July 2022An exciting Software Developer (C#) role has just become available at one of the leading manufacturer and solutions providers of integrated material handling system for broad spectrum of manufacturing industries in Penang. This is a role for an experienced individual who is an enthusiastic and passionate about Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) solutions, and Automation.