IT Security Governance Specialist
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eugene Lim
Job Ref A73U6S-37EDE0FA
Date posted 25 May 2023kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-governance 2023-05-25 2023-07-24 it Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting IT Security Governance Specialist job has just become available at the nation’s largest financial services group. You will be responsible for the group’s IT policies and standards across all businesses.
About the IT Security Governance Specialist Role:
You will be responsible for the various IT governance, risk and compliance aspects of the business.
- Propose and update the Group IT Security Policies and Standards including Regional and Overseas Units in ensuring that all local regulators’ requirements and industry best practises are captured and adhered to
- Develop Regional IT Security Governance processes to align with the Bank’s strategy and aspirations
- Justify and assess IT Risk associated with project in ensuring Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability risks are mitigated to an acceptable level
- Enforce and proactively provide IT security consultancy/advisory services on policies, standards and best practices across the Group
- Interpret regional countries regulatory compliance and enforce based on Intra-Outsourcing arrangements
- Enable the security assessment exercise is conducted and remediated in a timely manner
- Promote IT Security Processes by conducting IT Security Governance awareness programme to all project and MSS teams
- Evaluate change and firewall request to guarantee conformance to the Bank’s policies and standard
- Safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving potential and actual security problems
The successful IT Security Governance Specialist is a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra miles to make a difference while working closely with the business.
- Professional qualifications with at least a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science majoring in Security or Network or Computer System
- Knowledge in information security, specifically in compliance assessment, policy development, and industry standard frameworks such as ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, NIST, CIS, etc., preferably gained in the Financial Services sector; experience in service continuity would also be desirable
- Knowledge in regional FSI regulator’s requirements and guidelines such as MAS, BI, BSP, BNM RMIT, PBOC, HKMA, etc.
- Knowledge of network components and related protocols, security products/solutions/concept; the incumbent should also have a sound understanding of the vulnerabilities in operating systems, databases and major applications and must possess the necessary knowledge to mitigate these vulnerabilities
- Experience in designing enterprise and specific operational level security policies, standards and processes (like email and internet policy, password management process, etc.)
- Experience in handling training classes. Possess strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English in order to clearly disseminate security messages and practices to all staff, for contributing to security policy and process documentation and present ideas in business-friendly language
- Experience liaising with various stakeholders
This renowned financial services institution has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate and want to elevate yourself into senior management, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting IT Security Governance Specialist role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7027
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2023An exciting IT Project Manager (Healthcare) job has been made available at a renowned healthcare group.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2023An exciting IT Security Governance Specialist job has just become available at the nation’s largest financial services group. You will be responsible for the group’s IT policies and standards across all businesses.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 07 June 2023An established institution is currently seeking a Senior UX Designer with solid experience in the UX field. In this job, you will be based in the Kuala Lumpur IT office.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 04 June 2023A Senior Project Manager (One-year Contract) job has become available at a financial institution.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 04 June 2023An exciting Senior Network Engineer (Financial Services) job has just become available at one of the leading corporate banks based in Kuala Lumpur.