Senior Information Security Specialist
Salary MYR10,000 - MYR13,000 per month + Medical, Optical and Dental
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melvin Cheah
Job Ref 1900440/001
Date posted 20 February 2023kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-governance 2023-02-21 2023-04-21 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 10000 13000 13000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Senior Information Security Specialist job has just become available at a top bank based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to elevate the cybersecurity/information security position of the company.
About the Senior Information Security Specialist Role:
You will also be responsible for establishing and enforcing directive controls, validate internal detective and preventive security controls.
- Design, develop, deliver, or oversee the delivery of information security awareness programs (videos, memos, computer-based training, etc.) delivered to users, technical staff, management and relevant third party personnel
- Coordinate and liaise with the appointed Primary and Alternate RCOs for consolidation and reporting of security dashboard and security awareness/compliance
- Review personalisation centre in support of Certification Services i.e. verification of controls implementation at personalisation centre for continuing certification (for MCCS card)
- Coordinate and maintain security governance implementation e.g. PCI DSS, ISMS
- Perform programme secretariat function for cybersecurity forums
- Participate in periodic information systems risk assessments including those associated with the development of new or significantly enhanced business applications
- Review security checkpoints towards change implementation - as part of change management
- Propose new approaches that will allow greater standardisation and more effective management of security measures
- Act as a technical information security reviewer of requirements statements, feasibility analyses, operating procedure manuals, and other documents produced during the systems development process and any information systems change documents
- Maintain regular engagement and proactive partnership with business and technology teams to ensure cyber/information security strategies align with business and technical needs, requirements, and constraints
- Monitor current and proposed laws, regulations, industry standards, and ethical requirements related to information security and privacy, so that their warned in advance and ready to be fully compliant with these requirements
- Prepare and periodically update draft information security policies, architectures, standards, and/or other technical requirement documents needed to advance information security
- Perform or support any tasks related to the function of the Department as assigned by the Director of Risk and Compliance or CISO, which may arise from time to time
The successful Senior Information Security Specialist is a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra miles to make a difference while working closely with the business and be responsible for the risk position of this financial institution.
- Degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or other related disciplines with relevant experience in managing cyber risk in financial market infrastructures, critical national infrastructure, military, security intelligence or equivalent
- Five to seven years of information security experience
- Practical understanding of industry frameworks for cyber/information security such as National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cyber Security Framework, COBIT, Information Security Management System (ISMS), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and Bank Negara Malaysia’s Risk Management in Information Technology (RMiT)
- Thorough understanding of end-to-end IT operations and how IT interfaces with business, risk management and compliance processes and IT Security
- Able to work under broad direction and a self-motivated individual who can work independently. Responsible and accountable for work performed and decisions taken
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and manage the relationship at all levels
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential for this position
This financial institution has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all comes up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate about the financial industry and want to elevate yourself into the IT risk management business, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this Senior Information Security Specialist role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+603 2303 7034
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 March 2023As a result of ongoing and continued successes both within Malaysia and internationally, this reputable organisation within the banking industry is recruiting for a Senior Java Developer job for their regional development team. You will be based in Malaysia.
Salary: MYR10,000 - MYR13,000 per month + Medical, Optical and DentalLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 February 2023An exciting Senior Cyber Threat Specialist job has just become available at a financial institution based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to elevate the cybersecurity/information security position of the company.
Salary: Hybrid Working ArrangementLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 February 2023A Senior API Automation Tester job has become available at a leading insurance MNC, to set up, design, script and automate API testing. This person have a chance to be part of new project that will build a new digital platform.
Salary: Hybrid Working ArrangementLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 February 2023A Senior Automation Tester job has become available at a leading insurance MNC, looking for an automation tester to set up test automation framework as well as to design and script automated test. This person have a chance to be part of new project that will build a new digital platform.
Salary: Competitive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 February 2023A Senior Manager, PMO job has become available at a company that needs no introduction.