Head, IT Audit
Salary MYR18,000 - MYR25,000 per month + Medical, Optical and Dental
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melvin Cheah
Job Ref 1867630/001
Date posted 07 November 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-governance 2022-11-07 2023-01-06 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 18000 25000 25000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head, IT Audit job has just become available at a financial service company based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility is for the leadership and management of the IT Audit division.
About the Head, IT Audit Role:
You will be accountable for conducting reviews/audits on the operating systems, system application, systems network, IT governance, network infrastructure, hardware and databases of the bank and subsidiaries/associates as well as mandatory and ad hoc reviews.
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor (CIA) on the overall internal audit strategies, standards, policies and administration
- Develop the annual audit plan for the section
- Assist the CIA in the preparation of the Annual Audit Plan which is based on risk analysis, required resources and appropriate audit tools
- Identify audit universe and plan for audits at appropriate intervals
- Ensure that the execution and completion of all planned audits within the budgeted time and cost
- Evaluate and assess the appropriateness and effectiveness of the internal control system and of the manner in which the assigned responsibilities are fulfilled. This would include evaluation of the following:
- Effectiveness of internal control system
- Compliance with internal policies and risk controls
- Compliance with Shariah rules and principles as determined by Shariah Committee of the bank
- Ensure risks are appropriately identified, measured and managed
- Ensure effectiveness of the Bank Business Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery
- Interact with the various governance groups occurs as needed
- Ensure management and financial information systems, including electronic information and electronic banking services are operating effectively
- Ensure significant financial, management and operating information is accurate, reliable and available in a timely manner, including timely regulatory reporting
- Assist Division Head/Manager in the implementation of effective audit methodologies and practices – audit risk assessment, planning, audit programs and audit reports
- Assist the CIA in ensuring that the departments/units audited have in place a sound system of internal controls and risk management with adequate established policies, procedures and guidelines, operating and accounting controls that are complied with and operating effectively in promoting efficiency, proper conduct and protecting the assets of the bank, in particular with respect to the principles and guidelines/requirements
To succeed in this Head, IT Audit role, you will need to be a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra mile to make a difference while working closely with the business and be responsible for the security position of the company.
- A recognised bachelor's degree and/or professional qualification in related disciplines, preferably in accounting/information science/Islamic finance [e.g. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Associate Qualification in Islamic Finance (AQIF), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner CFE)]
- A minimum of eight years' audit or related experience preferably in the financial or banking industry, with at least five years in a managerial capacity
- Audit work experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of banking industry and banking functions, including regulatory requirements, risk management principles and risk-based auditing approaches and/or relevant knowledge in Information technology/investigation.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and written), interpersonal skills and presentation skills and/or possesses investigative, analytical and strategic thinking skills, high attention to detail
- Collaboration, negotiation and management skills
- Proficient PC skills for Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge in strategies for implementing data analytic tools and processes, and use of audit automation software is an advantage
This financial service company has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all comes up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate and want to elevate yourself, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head, IT Audit role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 18 November 2022A Head of Cloud Delivery job has become available at a company that is undergoing a major transformation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 November 2022An exciting Head of IT (IR4.0) job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading organisations in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 November 2022A new Head, Data Strategy and Project Management job has become available at a food-based retail organisation.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 October 2022An exciting Head of IAM job opportunity has just become available at one of the most reputable banks in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 December 2022An exciting Head of IT, Banking job has opened up at a market leader in financial services. In this high-profile role, you will be leading and contributing to innovation, change management in digitalisation and New Ways of Working.