Assistant Manager/Manager, Cybersecurity
Salary MYR9,000 - MYR13,000 per month + Medical, Optical and Dental
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melvin Cheah
Job Ref 1865510/001
Date posted 20 October 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-governance 2022-10-20 2022-12-19 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 9000 13000 13000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Assistant Manager/Manager, Cybersecurity job has just become available at an FMCG company based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to be the single-point-of-contact in identifying and managing cybersecurity risk for the company.
About the Assistant Manager/Manager, Cybersecurity Role:
You will be accountable for the management of the IT cybersecurity systems to ensure the risks are mitigated and information are secured.
- Be the single point-of-contact in identifying and managing cybersecurity risks for the group organisations
- Establish/review information security strategy in alignment with organisation goals and objectives; be involved in IT projects to provide security related suggestions to ensure cyber and physical security adequacy of the IT infrastructure
- Establish/review and enhance IT policies, standards, guidelines and best practices; ensuring effective implementation and compliance to the cybersecurity policies, standards and procedures
- Analyse, troubleshoot and escalate all security incidents (malware infections, unauthorised access, malicious emails, DDos attacks, etc) in a timely manner and to work closely with stakeholders to ensure rapid response to all incidents are reported early
- Analyse, troubleshoot and investigate security related, information system anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts and to make necessary recommendations to minimise risk
- Be responsible for IT security assessment, proactive monitoring on cyber threats and vulnerabilities, and provide security advisory for improvement to protect company IT assets related to infrastructure, systems and applications
- Perform periodic IT security control testing and remediate gaps, conduct security awareness training, security educational programmes and ongoing security related communication in the company
- Provide security consultancy and architecture review to ensure compliance in the area of information security polices and guidelines
- Be responsible for IT security governance related work activities such as coordination/documentation of IT audits, business continuity plan and IT disaster recovery plan
To succeed in this Assistant Manager/Manager, Cybersecurity role, you will need to be a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra mile to make a difference while working closely with the business and be responsible for the security position of the company.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science, or engineering/science/math
- Minimum of three years of experience in a cybersecurity role and with three years of IT infrastructure exposure
- Preferably with CISSP/CISM or equivalent IT security certifications
- Experience in Firewall, Network Infrastructure Architecture, Operating System (Windows/Linux), etc., is an advantage
- Experience with cloud security tools to advise and deploy the security application
This FMCG company has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all comes up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate and want to elevate yourself, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Assistant Manager/Manager, Cybersecurity role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 30 November 2022An exciting DevOps Engineer job opportunity has just become available at an IT services/IT consulting start-up based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market StandardsLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 November 2022An exciting Platform Operations Manager job has just become available at one of the IT services environment based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 November 2022An exciting Consultant, Data Science job has just become available at a global multinational financial services company based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 November 2022An exciting Technical Lead job opportunity has become available at a technology and service leader, to oversee the offshore development teams which includes tracking deliverables and review technical design documents.
Salary: CompetitiveLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 November 2022A new Business Analyst - Workday HCM job has just become available in a multinational German company.