Technology Governance Manager
Salary MYR10,000 - MYR16,000 per month + Medical, Optic, Dental
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melvin Cheah
Job Ref 1828880/001
Date posted 21 August 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-governance 2022-08-21 2022-10-20 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 10000 16000 16000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Technology Governance Manager job has just been made available at a leading financial institution based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility will be to manage and perform security risk assessments as well as solidify the company’s cyber risk status.
About the Technology Governance Manager Role:
You will task to elevate the IT risk position of the company. Additionally, you will be managing and implementing local IT risk, local regulatory and operational risk policies and frameworks as well as providing sound advice to the business to support decision making on IT risks and operational risk related issues.
- Effectively manage IT risk in accordance to IT risk framework and operational risk management framework in the subsidiary. Manage and implement local IT risk, local regulatory and operational risk policies and frameworks as well as providing sound advice to the business to support decision making on IT risks and operational risk related issues
- Manage/perform security risk assessment activities to evaluate system vulnerabilities, controls and corrective action in existing system and new project / system implementation
- Participate or where necessary, lead projects which are considered as improvement for information security or those, which falls under Information Security responsibilities to implement
- Support and where necessary, implement changes for security configurations/settings, provisioning and de-provisioning of access for all platform and database
- Advise, consult and troubleshoot to resolve security related problems on systems security and IT network based applications, databases and operating system with relevant project/support teams and vendors
- Perform review on security event monitoring reports for non-compliance detection and correction
- Adhere to, where applicable eegulatory and head office requirements such Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) Risk Management in Information Technology (RMiT), Information Security Standard and Procedure (ISSP), standards, and service level agreement (SLA)
- Distribute and share information from the Global Compliance Division/Information Security Office and other resources with the unit’s staff either by conducting study/information sharing session or disseminating it to the respective departments within the unit
- Continuously automate and improve the available processes
- Timely update and report to the Management on recommendations, deliverables, issues, next steps and highlights on Information Security aspects
- Maintain good working knowledge of industry trends, products, relevant laws and regulations in regards to information security/cybersecurity
- Act as a subject matter expert to management in regards to information security risk related topics.
To succeed in this Technology Governance Manager role, you will need to be a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra mile to make a difference while working closely with the business and be responsible for protecting and enhancing the firm’s IT risk position.
- Recognised degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or its equivalent from a recognised university/higher learning institution with minimum of eight years of relevant experience in information security management
- Strong fundamental knowledge in information security domain including IT risk management guidelines and policies. Knowledge in business continuity management or operational risk management would be an advantage
- Strong analytical and logical skills, detail-focused, result driven, meticulous with the ability to challenge first line of defence
- Charismatic with the ability to lead a team of wide functions and characters
- Good communication skills with the ability to influence others and build good rapport with internal departments especially IT department, regional and head office
- Ability to independently drive initiatives with minimum supervision and make the decision when the need arise without jeopardise information security principal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The financial service company has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate about the financial service and want to elevate yourself into a management position, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Technology Governance Manager role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Competitive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 September 2022An SAP MM Consultant (IS-Retail) job has become available at a fast-growing international retail company based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR25,000 - MYR28,000 per month + Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 September 2022An exciting Head of Marketing job has just become available at one of the most reputable and international tech start-ups. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a role for a marketer who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022A attractive new Scrum Master/Project Manager job has recently become available at a renowned international bank based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Negotiable based on experienceLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 September 2022A Senior Manager, Agile Coach job has become available at a Fortune 500 financial services institution based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 September 2022An exciting Cybersecurity Architect job opportunity has become available at one of the organisations in Malaysia.