CISO - Large Financial Institution
Salary MYR25,000 - MYR40,000 per month + Medical, Optic, Dental
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melvin Cheah
Job Ref 1827650/001
Date posted 21 August 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-governance 2022-08-21 2022-10-20 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 25000 40000 40000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting CISO job has just been made available at a fast growing bank based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility will be in an IT risk management angle, identifying and providing recommendations on cybersecurity goals and objectives.
About the CISO - Large Financial Institution Role:
You will be responsible for the overall bank’s management of cyber risk as well as implementation of strategies and introducing appropriate measures for current and emerging technology risk that might potentially affect the bank’s risk profile.
- Formulate and facilitate effective implementation of the IT risk management framework to ensure that the bank is well prepared for all anticipated and unanticipated cyber attacks by putting in place enough and proper controls
- Review the IT risk management framework at least biennially to guide the bank in effectively managing technology risks and to ensure that the framework/policy remains relevant on an ongoing basis
- Perform end-to-end risk assessment of the bank in relation to cyber risk to enforce compliance with the framework and policy and other technology related regulatory requirements
- Provide strategic insights on technology risk and security matters as well as the bank’s technology security risk profile to management/board committees to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of bank’s information assets from cyber threats at all time
- Develop technology risk appetite, strategic plan and other associated risk frameworks to commensurate with the nature and complexity of the business
- Develop risk tolerances for technology related events and ensure key performance and forward looking risk indicators are in place
- Provide sufficiently detailed information on key technology risk and critical technology operations
- Facilitate strategic decision-making. This includes reporting enterprise key risk indicators on the IT and cyber health posture
- Identify and report IT risk, including security breaches, to initiate corrective action and meet business and regulatory requirements
- Provide independent IT risk assessments, input on technology related initiatives/papers and conduct IT risk management process reviews including third party service providers to ensure they are performed efficiently and effectively
- Act as coordinator and point-of-contact in cyber risk management activities e.g. cyber risk measure, prevention, detection, and recovery
- Oversee incident response planning, as well as the investigation of cybersecurity breaches, and assist with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary
- Participate in development and implementation of appropriate and effective controls, mitigate identified threats and risks
- Assemble and identify scenarios of cyber risk that the Bank is most likely to be exposed to, to estimate the likelihood and impact of significant events to the Bank and business objectives
- Assist in the development of IT risk response action plans to address risk factors identified in the organisational IT risk profile
- Assist in the research, development, communication, maintaining and work with the operational units on the enforcement of IT security architecture, policies, procedures, solutions and standard
- Conduct IT risk related training to relevant stakeholders for technology risk related processes
The successful CISO is a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra miles to make a difference while working closely with the business and be responsible for the second line of defence for the bank.
- Recognised degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- Be appropriately certified in CISSP or any equivalent certification
- At least 10 years of experience in IT risk management, information technology and information security
- Hands-on experience in Information Technology and risk assessment in the financial or banking industry
- Competent in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications
- In-depth knowledge with industry standard technology, information and cyber risk/security management framework
- Knowledge on regulatory requirements of IT risk
The fast-growing bank has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate about the insurance business and want to elevate yourself into senior management, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting CISO - Large Financial Institution role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR25,000 - MYR40,000 per month + Medical, Optic, DentalLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 September 2022An exciting CISO job has just been made available at an international bank based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility will be in an IT risk management angle, identifying and providing recommendations on cybersecurity goals and objectives.
Salary: Competitive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 September 2022An SAP MM Consultant (IS-Retail) job has become available at a fast-growing international retail company based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR25,000 - MYR28,000 per month + Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 September 2022An exciting Head of Marketing job has just become available at one of the most reputable and international tech start-ups. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a role for a marketer who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022A attractive new Scrum Master/Project Manager job has recently become available at a renowned international bank based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Negotiable based on experienceLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 September 2022A Senior Manager, Agile Coach job has become available at a Fortune 500 financial services institution based in Kuala Lumpur.