Wintel Engineer (Banking)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Eugene Lim
Job Ref 1906830/001
Date posted 28 February 2023kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/infrastructure-it-operations 2023-03-17 2023-04-29 banking Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Wintel Engineer (Banking) job has just been made available at an award-winning bank based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to guarantee that hardware and software are delivered and configured in accordance with vendors and stakeholders’ specifications.
About the Wintel Engineer (Banking) Role:
You will be taking responsibility for leading project teams in problem solving for Wintel server issues and virtualisation of infrastructure, acting as the technology foundation to support expansion initiatives of financial services.
- Support and maintain Wintel servers (hardware and OS), physical and virtual servers, and virtualisation infrastructure
- Investigate and resolve up to L3 server problems and critical system issues
- Analyse requirements and perform system solutioning, planning, installation, and setup of system architecture to ensure system health in performance and reliability
- Deploy, update and patch the hardware and operating system on the server
- Examine and implement server policies that strengthens infrastructure security
- Guarantee that hardware and software are delivered and configured in accordance with vendor and stakeholder specifications
- Coordinate with other teams to design, install, configure, and maintain new and existing systems
- Lead technical project teams on initiatives with modest budgets and short timelines
To succeed in this Wintel Engineer role, you will need to be a high-potential and motivated individual who is independent in managing system infrastructures to fully support various stakeholders that has close relationships with the company.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in in VMware/Nutanix (Hyperconverged) and with hands-on deployment experience (setting up ESXi, vCenter and AHV)
- Administration skills of VMware NSX components
- Familiar with different hardware such as Cisco UCS, Cisco Fabric Interconnect, HPE DL series, Dell PowerEdg, Nutanix
- Experience in a physical data centre migration between two main locations have a strong advantage
- Experience in a migration from a previous VMware vSphere version to another version (e,g. vSphere 5.5 to vSphere 6.x)
- Prior background in financial services or related field is a plus too
- Positive and proactive work ethics and able to work independently
This award-winning bank is an industry leader in its field and great value is placed on their leadership. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the opportunity to drive your career forward all comes up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate and want to elevate yourself, this is an excellent opportunity to work with this industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Wintel Engineer (Banking) role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7027
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 March 2023An interesting AVP, Digital Acquisition job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 March 2023An exciting Voice Engineer (L 2.5) job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading IT services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market StandardsLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 March 2023An exciting Network Specialist job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading IT services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 March 2023An exciting Software Development Engineer job has just become available at a multinational broadcasting company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 March 2023A company renowned for its great workplace culture and compensation package is looking for a Software QA Tester.