LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support)
Salary MYR5,000 - MYR10,000 per month + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sarah Nunis
Job Ref 1845780/001
Date posted 03 January 2023kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/infrastructure-it-operations 2023-01-03 2023-03-04 it Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 5000 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support) job opportunity has just become available one of the leading banks in Malaysia.
About the LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining functional and secure network across regional countries. You will mentor a team of L1 network engineers and troubleshoot L2/L3 issues to optimise networks for users.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues and provide solutions
- Provide periodic network traffic and security status reporting. Contribute to root cause analysis reports for network outages
- Respond to emergency calls regarding WAN / LAN outages (evenings and on weekends)
- For the LAN Network Engineer role: (I) design and deploy functional networks involving data centres, campus offices around Cisco Technologies; (II) configure and install Cisco Nexus Switches, Cisco WLC and other Cisco network devices; (III) routing via VMWare NSX products; (IV) monitor/administer network health check, performance, and integrity
- For the WAN Network Engineer role: (I) maintain large WAN environment of over 1000 regional locations; (II) support day-to-day operations, e.g. routing, switching and hardware replacement; (III) work with the NOC to troubleshoot and resolve issues; (IV) provide WAN support for initiatives that revolve around the optical backbone
- Perform day-to-day network administration tasks including network equipment installation, configuration, upgrades, testing, and troubleshooting
- Resolve BAU operational issues within the agreed time frame
To succeed in this LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support) role, you are required to have hands-on experience with L2 and L3 technical support.
- Minimum of five years' related work experience in Cisco routing and switching
- Good knowledge of Cisco SDWAN
- Professional Cisco certification (minimum of CCNP routing and switching or equivalent)
- Work experience with Cisco ACI and/or Cisco Nexus Switches e.g. OTV, VPC, VDC
- Professional certifications (minimum of CCNP routing and switching or data centre or equivalent). CCIE is an advantage
- Good understanding of Wireshark
The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record leading project and teams covering infrastructure and networking, you can take your career forward with this exciting LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support) role.
Apply today or email me at Sarah.Nunis@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR8,000 - MYR12,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 February 2023An exciting in-house Database Administrator (Oracle/Mongo Server) job opportunity has just become available at one of the top financial services companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 January 2023A Project Manager (Fintech) job has become available at a solutions provider company for the financial services industry.
Salary: Competitive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 27 January 2023An exciting CRM Project Manager job has become available at a multinational conglomerate.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 January 2023An exciting DBA (Oracle/SLQ) job has just become available at one of the top banking clients based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 January 2023An exciting Data Scientist job has just become available at a global financial services company based in Kuala Lumpur.