DBA and Middleware Engineer
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sarah Nunis
Job Ref 1870200/001
Date posted 02 November 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/infrastructure-it-operations 2022-11-11 2023-01-01 telecommunications Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting DBA and Middleware Engineer job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading telcos based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the DBA and Middleware Engineer Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for providing end-to-end database design, administration, optimisation and technology improvements for efficiency and database maintenance and housekeeping.
- Operational support of the enterprise DB and middleware environment (cloud and on-premises). Plan and test DR activities to meet set RPO and RTO
- Manage installation, space management, backup and recovery, patching and upgrades for DB. Ensure the availability and performance of applications using Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Postgres, AWS RDS and other database/middleware technologies
- Incident/problem management. Provide escalation support, troubleshooting and resolution assistance, and performance tuning aid for the platform and operational DB teams
- Manage DB through multiple product lifecycle environments. Enforce change management process and work with services partners to ensure availability, performance, and scalability
- Troubleshoot complex database performance or technical issues. Manages access controls, user access, and passwords utilising
- Perform infra software asset management tracking to ensure software compliance on the database and middleware technologies in the environments
To succeed in this DBA and Middleware Engineer role, you need deep technical knowledge on DB technologies (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL), Middleware (Redhat JBoss, Oracle Weblogic) and system integration areas.
- Diploma or bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- 7 - 10 years' work experience. Strong technical knowledge in IT Infrastructure
- Good knowledge in Database technologies (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle WebLogic, AWS RDS, Redhat JBoss, WebSphere and Apache Products)
- ITIL V4
The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record in DB management, you can take your career forward with this exciting DBA and Middleware Engineer role.
Apply today or e-mail me at Sarah.Nunis@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 November 2022An exciting DBA and Middleware Engineer job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading telcos based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 November 2022An interesting Initiative Lead, Transformation Project Management job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 November 2022An exciting Cloud Engineer (AWS) job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading IT services companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 November 2022An exciting System & Network Administrator job opportunity has just become available at one of the established banks based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market StandardsLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 November 2022An exciting IT Application & Infrastructure Manager (two-year contract) job has just become available at one of the financial services companies based in Kuala Lumpur.