Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Salary MYR60,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant PakLin Song
Job Ref 1865920/001
Date posted 21 October 2022johor-bahru tech-transformation/infrastructure-it-operations 2022-10-21 2022-12-20 it kedah MY MYR 60000 96000 96000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Infrastructure Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Kulim, Kedah. Reporting directly to the IT Manager, this is a role to focus on IT infrastructure on-site and application support.
About the Senior Infrastructure Engineer Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Senior Infrastructure Engineer job will play a key role in the engineering team continued development and success.
- Establishes systems specifications by conferring with users, analysing workflow, access, information and security requirements as well as designing systems infrastructure
- Maintains systems performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting system hardware, networks and operating and systems management
- Obtains and licences software by obtaining the required information from vendors, recommending purchases and testing and approving products
- Secures system by monitoring, control, and evaluation, completing back-ups and maintaining documentation
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services, testing, evaluating and installing enhancements and new software
- Protects the organisation’s value by keeping information confidential
- Provides network support and sets up/configures, troubleshoots video conferencing systems and hardware, routers, switches, firewall, VLAN, VPN, leased line, SDSL, private line
- Supports and sets up, troubleshoots, maintains client’s PC, printers and multifunctional copier and other ad hoc support required by the management from time to time
- Support and assist PA, PABX and telephony system
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment
- Establishes a system by planning and execution of selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and systems management
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of five years of experience in maintaining in-house software application and hardware as well as networking experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or a related field
- Minimum of five years of work experience
- Able to develop and maintain in-house software applications and Microsoft Office applications
- Hardware/network setup and maintenance
- IT hardware, operating system, basic networking and data communication
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all level of employees
- A sense of urgency
- Excellent in interpersonal skills, high commitment, self-motivated and disciplined
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Senior Infrastructure Engineer job with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C