Head of IT Security - Professional Services Firm
Salary MYR25,000 - MYR40,000 per month + Medical, Optic, Dental
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melvin Cheah
Job Ref 1843330/001
Date posted 28 August 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/infrastructure-it-operations 2022-08-28 2022-10-27 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 25000 40000 40000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of IT Security job has just been made available at professional service company based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility will be to manage and lead a team of managers, technical and support staff of the IT Security Department in-order to secure and control the systems, networks, applications and databases.
About the Head of IT Security - Professional Services Firm Role:
Reporting to the CIO, you will be responsible for overseeing the group IT security department for IT systems, networks, applications and database.
- Develop and implement IT security strategy plan for the manufacturing group of companies
- Propose and seek approval for IT Security budget (Capex and Opex)
- Develop, maintain and implement IT security policy for the manufacturing group of companies
- Develop and implement IT Security plan for infrastructure and applications, including vulnerability assessment and penetration testing
- Develop cybersecurity architecture and processes
- Strategise and reorganise IT Security Department in order to establish a proper process of “makers” and “checkers”
- Recommend and implement new IT Security initiative to secure corporate and customer sensitive information
- Facilitate IT risk to ensure effective IT risk identification, mitigation and monitoring
- Participate in IT projects to provide advice on security and compliance requirements
- Manage compliance reviews of IT functions to ensure the state of compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, internal policies and standards
- Manage the network security review and penetration test exercise
- Ensure manuals are timely reviewed and safe-keeping of all policies and procedures
- Ensure IT audit reports from internal and external auditors are responded and IT audit issues are tracked and rectified within the agreed timeframe
- Ensure compliance to mandates set out by electronic partners (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX and MEPS)
- Evaluate and implement proper security tools (SIEM, IDMS, DLP, etc) in order to mitigate the weaknesses in manual security controls as well as to promote an effective and efficient administration
- Oversee security technology areas like cybersecurity architecture , security review for cloud providers (AWS, Azure etc.), firewalls, internet surfing proxy servers, intrusion detection, Advanced Persistency Threats, Anti DDOS solutions, Internet Fraud Solutions, Data Loss Protection solutions, Dual control of ID and passwords, Enterprise password vaults, Escalation of user privileges, ID management and Single sign on
To succeed in this Head of IT Security - Professional Services Firm role, you will need to be a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra mile to make a difference while working closely with the business.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology/Computer Engineering/Computer Science
- Ability to manage and provide leadership to a team of managers, technical and support staff
- Ability to make decisions at department level for all IT Security related matters
- Ability to provide guidance to IT staff and business users in complying to regulatory and audit requirement
- Ability tp recommend and implement security architecture for the manufacturing group of companies
- Support group wide IT security requirement
- Update security statuses to Senior Management at Information Security Governance Council (ISGC)
This professional service firm has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate and want to elevate yourself into senior management, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of IT Security - Professional Services Firm role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR25,000 - MYR28,000 per month + Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 September 2022An exciting Head of Marketing job has just become available at one of the most reputable and international tech start-ups. Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a role for a marketer who is a leader in their field.
Salary: MYR15,000 - MYR25,000 per month + Medical, Optic, DentalLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 September 2022An exciting Head, IT Audit job has just been made available at a financial service company based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility will be to develop and implement audit strategies to cover all IT related activities.
Salary: MYR480,000 - MYR720,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022In this high-profile role, you will be responsible for setting up enterprise-wide data architecture and analytics strategy, roadmap, process and governance to achieve a data-driven decision organisation, based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: AttractiveLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 August 2022A new Head of Group PMO joib has been made available at an Islamic-based financial institution.
Salary: MYR420,000 - MYR480,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 September 2022An exciting Information Technology Director job has just become available at one of the most well-established retail companies based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for the management of the overall architecture of IT solutions for the company, making sure we have a robust and scalable IT architecture that caters for growth, new business opportunities and service innovation.