IT Infrastructure Manager
Salary MYR120,000 - MYR156,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant PakLin Song
Job Ref 1835530/001
Date posted 03 August 2022penang tech-transformation/infrastructure-it-operations 2022-08-03 2022-10-02 it Penang Penang MY MYR 120000 156000 156000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting IT Infrastructure Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. This role focuses on the IT infrastructure section, planning, organising, and managing infrastructure staff and/or contract personnel to ensure the stable and secured operation of the organisation’s IT infrastructure.
About the IT Infrastructure Manager Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the IT Infrastructure Manager will play a key role in developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimising key functional areas such as network infrastructure, Server, SAN Storage, VMWare, data communications, and telecommunications systems. The IT Infrastructure Manager also manages end-user support and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Manage the IT infrastructure area including, but not limited to, Servers, SAN Storage, VMWare, Computer, Software License, networks, server room, IT Security, email service, budget management
- Managing the day-to-day IT Operation
- Be responsible for System project implementation and co-ordination with internal team, global team and external vendor with project completion within the given timeframe
- Monitor IT service and system regularly to avoid unplanned outages and down time
- Propose and ensure implementation of improved tools, procedures and processes, and to participate in other departmental improvement projects
- Source proactively IT services or products, evolving trend to recommend and adoption, to enhance existing IT operation and service delivery in order to meet the goals and objectives of the company, improved efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Provide users with appropriate support and guidance
- Develop, implement and periodically review IT related policies and procedures
- Develop, implement and periodically review disaster recovery plan, data protection plans; responsible to have process execution according to plan
- Hire, motivate, coach and develop team members, define priorities and objectives, follow up progress and achievement in order to have qualified, competent and motivated employees
- Handle, efficiently and completely, IT issues that arise
- Provide thought leadership for architect the solution for ongoing operation / support and projects
- Ensure compliance (SOX, ISO and Security, etc.)
- Experience in process improvement, leveraging industry best practices like ITIL
To succeed in this IT Infrastructure Manager role, you must possess experience in handling the IT infrastructure area and supporting day-to-day IT operations. You must also be able Integrate and collaborate with a global and regional IT organisation.
- Minimum of a degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field
- At least 10 years of IT experience in a manufacturing environment, with a minimum three years in a management role
- At least five years of experience in managing and administering window servers, Linux servers, VMWare, SAN Storage
- At least five years of experience in managing and administering network that include LAN, WAN, wireless and telecommunication
- Demonstrated capability leading an IT team
- Experience and sound knowledge in BCP, DR Plan, system backup process (such as Veritas NetBackup) and client computing support
- IT Proficiency
- Coach and professional development of the staff
- Team work and collaboration skills
- Strong communication skills to both IT internal and external, as well as both local and internationally
- Strong Analytical and planning capability, ability to get things done while maintaining strong customer orientation
- Ability to integrate and collaborate with global and regional IT organization
- Supervisory/management skills
- Knowledge and experience in industry IT trends and practices
- Project management
- Vendor management
- Enterprise system architecture
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive IT Infrastructure Manager with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Song on +604-240 2131 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR192,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 09 August 2022An exciting IT Application Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. This role will provide end-to-end oversight and management of applications that supported the operation of the company. The Application Manager is responsible to deploy and support next generation solutions and strategies with an emphasis on collaboration, work flow improvements, performance, availability, and security.