Senior IT Engineer
Salary MYR60,000 - MYR78,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant PakLin Song
Job Ref 1823570/001
Date posted 14 July 2022penang tech-transformation/infrastructure-it-operations 2022-07-14 2022-09-12 it Penang Penang MY MYR 60000 78000 78000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior IT Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production of electronics firm based in Perai, Penang. This role will be focused on IT infrastructure.
About the Senior IT Engineer Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Senior IT Engineer will play a key role in managing IT service delivery, system availability and project delivery to meet the organisation's needs and objectives in a timely and effective manner, and will also be involved in other facilities as required or assigned by the manager.
- Be the main IT contact and responsible person for Prai facility
- Administer and support IT infrastructure area, including but not limited to, Servers, SAN storage, VMWare, Computer, Software License, networks, server room and email system
- Manage and support day-to–day IT operations
- Be responsible for assigned project implementation and coordination with internal team, global team and external vendor with project completion within the given time frame
- Assist the business on application enhancement or project, including code deployment
- Monitor IT service and system to avoid unplanned outages
- Proactively source IT services or products, evolving trends to recommend and adoption, to enhance existing IT operations and service delivery in order to meet the goals and objectives of the company, improved efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Manage IT assets of the assigned area
- Provide users with appropriate support and guidance
- Develop, implement and periodically review IT related policies and procedures
- Develop, implement and periodically review disaster recovery plan, data protection plans; perform back-up activities according to plan
To succeed in this role, candidate is required to possess experience in handling the IT infrastructure area and support day-to-day IT operations.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in computer science/information technology or equivalent
- At least three years of work experience in a related field
- Experienced in handling the IT issues that arise, in efficient and effective manner
- Provide thought leadership to architect solutions for ongoing operations/support and projects
- Experienced in ensuring compliance (SOX, SO and Security, etc.)
- Experience with process improvement, leveraging industry best practices like ITIL
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organisational skills and problem- solving skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment, and to lead and influence cross organisationally with and without direct authority
This company is much more than a manufacturing plant and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Senior IT Engineer with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Song on +604-240 2131 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR6,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 29 July 2022A Senior Test Software Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected electronics manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. Reporting directly to the Section Manager, this is a role will be involved in industry 4.0 projects focus on automation and define, meet and maintain test KPI targets.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR96,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 21 July 2022A renowned manufacturing and production company in the automotive industry in Penang is seeking an IT Infrastructure Engineer (Digitilisation and IT) as part of the digital transformation and drive innovative solutions.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR78,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 19 July 2022An exciting Equipment Software Engineer job has just become available at one of the most respected manufacturing and production firms based in Penang. This is a role for an Equipment Software Engineer will work together with project team members across various departments and sites with the goal of improving equipment communication and automation processes.
Salary: MYR48,000 - MYR60,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 04 July 2022An exciting FullStack Software Engineer job has just become available at a renowned logistics distribution and supply chain company based in Penang. You will obtain competitive advantage for the organisation by using information technology and digital strategies to improve business processes and streamline operations.
Salary: MYR54,000 - MYR72,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 04 July 2022An exciting Software Developer (C#) role has just become available at one of the leading manufacturer and solutions providers of integrated material handling system for broad spectrum of manufacturing industries in Penang. This is a role for an experienced individual who is an enthusiastic and passionate about Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) solutions, and Automation.