IT Security, Assistant Manager
Salary MYR6,000 - MYR8,000 per month + Market Aligned
Consultant Melvin Cheah
Job Ref 1814550/001
Date posted 10 June 2022petaling-jaya tech-transformation/infrastructure-it-operations 2022-06-16 2022-08-09 it Selangor MY MYR 6000 8000 8000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting IT Security, Assistant Manager job has just become available at an entertainment company based in Selangor, Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to facilitate and fill the gaps within the IT security space of the company.
About the IT Security, Assistant Manager Role:
Reporting to the Head of Technology, your main responsibility is to ensure compliance within the IT security space and recommend areas of improvement.
- Manage the planning, designing, system integration, deployment, assessing and mitigating information security risks
- Ensure all support and projects deliverables are tracked, managed, and delivered according to SLA, timeline, and project plan
- Conduct demonstrations or proof of concepts to meet business requirements
- Prevent business downtime by managing and monitoring the security and network notifications, alerts and given conditions that may require special attention to avoid impact on the network performance
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members on technical deployment, troubleshooting and best practices
- Perform security assessments (root cause analysis) at the network and application layer as well as take a key role in the development of processes and requirements for systems prior to their acceptance into production
- Be responsible for incident reporting for any IT security related incidents and hence suggest treatment plans
- Execute and handle all IT security audit-related tasks
- Provide accurate and detailed incident reporting
- Manage all policies, standards, guidelines, and checklist with plans for further improvement
A determined, proactive and highly motivated individual is the potential IT Security Assistant Manager. This individual will go the extra mile to make a difference in the organisation’s security space while working closely with the business and IT security team.
- Degree in computer science, information systems or a related discipline
- Certifications in IT networking and/or IT security is an advantage
- Three to five years of experience in information security management systems (ISMS), ISO 27001 standards or any relevant standards
- Experience successfully communicating and influencing senior-level management, executives, and key clients
- Prior experience working and communicating with cross-functional teams
- Owns transport and open to occasional travelling
- Able to participate in 24x7 availability on-call standby support, as and when required
- Basic technical knowledge on technical security i.e. firewall, IPS, web security, email security, etc.
This entertainment company has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on exposure and ground to develop reputation. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all comes up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting IT Security, Assistant Manager role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C