Senior System Engineer
Salary MYR60,000 - MYR90,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant PakLin Song
Job Ref 1776320/001
Date posted 07 June 2022penang tech-transformation/infrastructure-it-operations 2022-06-16 2022-08-06 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Penang Penang MY MYR 60000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior System Engineer job has just become available at a renowned logistics distribution and supply chain company based in Penang. You will obtain competitive advantage for the organisation by using information technology and digital strategies to improve business processes and streamline operations.
About the Senior System Engineer Role:
In this business critical role, you will oversee the overall technology operations and establishing IT policies and systems to support the digital roadmap moving forward.
- Scope, present and deliver successful client facing network projects
- Ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain an uptime service
- Be proficient in Linux system administration, maintenance, and familiar with configuration and tuning of WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat and Nginx
- Plan, implement and grow the cloud infrastructure solution
- Manage a continuous integration and deployment methodology for server-based technologies
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks
- Identify possible solutions and work with app developers to implement solutions
- Provide system support in the local office and overseas
- Record and document work completed and WI
- Align global best practice through infrastructure standardisation
- Ensure a high level of 7x24 international service
- Troubleshoot and solve daily incidents
The successful Senior System Engineer is a driven and independent individual with strong technical experience in identity management system or DHCP support.
- Education background: degree/diploma holder in information technology/computer science or IT-related training/ITIL certificate
- Work experience: five or more years of experience in active directory, Powershell, windows server update management or DHCP support is an advantage
- Good team player, flexible, able to analyse requirements and meet deadlines
- Ability to treat all internal customers and team members with dignity/respect
- Ability to train and guide lesser-experienced individuals
- Ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to evaluate problems for accurate and timely resolution, observing expectations for service level
- Works as a team and as a positive contributing member of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone, email and chat
- Knowledge of IT Applications such as MS Windows, MS Office, antivirus products, networks infrastructure and logistics application is preferred
- A good team player, flexible, able to analyse requirements and meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications in English
- Able to communicate in regional or local languages
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Strong experience with FSMO roles
- Experience with physical security of the domain controllers and oversight for all domain controllers
- Able to provide full disaster recovery plan and practice recovery of DCs and core directory objects
This company has an outstanding international reputation in this field and great value is placed on training and development. With a strong history, the business succeeds on the speed of efficiency and there are great opportunities to progress in this dynamic company.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this role is for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior System Engineer job.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Song on +604-240 2131 or email to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1776320.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR84,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 07 June 2022An exciting Design Validation Testing Engineer job has just become available at a well-known electronics manufacturing firm in Penang, Malaysia. Under the general direction from the Business Unit R&D, your primary responsibilities will include testing new products, software, custom design modules or custom features for the company’s metrology tools, as well as creating test documentation and test cases.
Salary: MYR48,000 - MYR78,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 17 May 2022An established multinational manufacturing and production firm is currently seeking a Firmware/Software Engineer to be based in Penang. In this job, you will assist the design team within the software and firmware development for the relevant hardware of a height-adjustable desk system such as controller, power supply, handsets, etc. Furthermore, you will collaborate with other engineers to develop semi-automated jigs and check gauges for the production floor.
Salary: MYR42,000 - MYR66,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: PenangDate posted: 05 April 2022An exciting MES Software Developer job has become available at a multinational world-leading manufacturing company to be based in the northern region in Penang. The MES Software Developer is responsible for supporting manufacturing related applications and leading the manufacturing and production of an established manufacturing plant focusing on this is a role for an MES Software Developer who is a leader in their field.