Senior Database Administrator (Oracle)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Benjamin Chai
Job Ref 1756710/001
Date posted 07 June 2022petaling-jaya tech-transformation/infrastructure-it-operations 2022-06-16 2022-08-06 it Petaling Jaya MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Database Administrator (Oracle) job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading retail companies based in Petaling Jaya.
About the Senior Database Administrator (Oracle) Role:
In this role, you are responsible for database creation, cloning, performance tuning, V&P testing, and other daily tasks including troubleshooting, monitoring, user creation, backup and maintenance.
- Provide support and assistance to any on-site development teams
- Manage the quarterly patching cycles
- Run DBSAT and Exachk reports regularly to ensure system and database security and integrity is maintained at all times
- Test restores of backups for routine DR testing and set up a scheduled plan
- Perform routine DBA maintenance tasks including user creation role, profile management, DR and production
- Other project improvement work
To succeed in this role, you must be comfortable working in a global reporting structure, able to work independently and showcase strong expertise in Oracle database services.
- RMAN/Dataguard – backup and recovery and the ability to routinely test restores and DR
- Performance tuning – AWR/ASH/ADDM
- Investigate performance issues where they are potentially database related 12c on RAC/ASM on Oracle Enterprise Linux – 19c is an advantage
- Good understanding and usage of RAC
- Database creation/cloning
- Partitioning and compression
- DR – standby database creation
- Patching and upgrades
- Daily routine admin tasks
- Producing and maintaining documentation and scripts
The successful candidate will join a company whose expertise has made it a leader in its field. This well-recognised brand offers a great work environment.
If you are keen on building your career within the Oracle DBA scope, this Senior Database Administrator (Oracle) role is right for you.
Email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR7,000 - MYR15,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: SelangorDate posted: 26 June 2022An exciting Senior Cyber SOC Incident Response Specialist job has just been made available at a leading FMCG company based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility will be to perform cybersecurity incident investigations as well as response and remediation activities.
Salary: MYR8,000 - MYR14,000 per month + Medical, Optical, DentalLocation: SelangorDate posted: 06 June 2022An exciting Cybersecurity Audit Manager - Cloud job has just become available at a leading fast-growing firm based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to perform audits and risk advisory activities that cover the associated risk across the business.
Salary: MYR6,000 - MYR13,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: SelangorDate posted: 19 May 2022An exciting Digital Forensics Consultant (Assistant Manager/Manager) job has just opened at a multinational professional services organisation in Malaysia. You will be part of a robust IT team responsible for providing practical advice to clients dealing with fraud, misconduct, bribery, corruption investigations, commercial and civil disputes, regulatory compliance and risk of fraud, money laundering and other financial crimes.