System Engineer (IT Security)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Pearly Toh
Job Ref 1863090/001
Date posted 13 October 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-security 2022-10-13 2022-12-12 leisure-and-sport Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting System Engineer (IT Security) job has just become available at an Asian sport governing body, headquartered in Kuala Lumpur. You will be responsible for overseeing information security, cybersecurity and IT risk management programs based on industry-accepted information security and risk management frameworks.
About the System Engineer (IT Security) Role:
You will be involved directly in the organisation’s system and information ownership. You will develop, establish, and maintain standards, procedures, and guidelines to promote the security and uninterrupted operation of systems.
- Identify potential weaknesses and vulnerabilities in the network and systems; implement measures such as firewalls, data encryption, and other appropriate security tools and applications
- Develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program to ensure that the integrity, confidentiality and availability of information is owned, controlled or processed by the organisation
- Develop, maintain, and publish up-to-date information security policies, standards and guidelines. Oversee the approval, training, and dissemination of security policies and practices
- Safeguard system security and improves overall server and network efficiency by training users, promoting security awareness and best practices
- Create a framework for roles and responsibilities about information ownership, classification, accountability, and protection
- Facilitate information security governance through the implementation of a hierarchical governance programme, including the formation of an information security steering committee or advisory board
- Provide regular reporting on the status of the information security programme to the management and departments as part of a strategic enterprise risk management programme
- Provide strategic risk guidance for IT projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls
- Manage security incidents and events to protect corporate IT assets, including intellectual property, regulated data and the company's reputation
- Monitor the external threat environment for emerging threats and advise relevant stakeholders on the appropriate courses of action
- Coordinate the development of implementation plans and procedures to ensure that business critical services are recovered in the event of a security lapse. Provide direction, support, and in-house consulting in these areas
- Ensure the consistent application of policies and standards across all technology projects, systems, and services, including but not limited to privacy, risk management, compliance, and business continuity management
- Perform all other duties assigned
The successful System Engineer (IT Security) is a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra mile to make a difference while working closely with the business.
- Bachelor's degree holder in information technology/computer science or equivalent
- Preferred professional certifications in CISSP, CCIE, and/or CREST
- Experience in risk, compliance, and information security policy development
- Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks, and understanding of corporate/industry information security, governance, risk and compliance practices and standards
- Experience with the development of educational programmes in security awareness
- Excellent organisational and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Experience with data storage infrastructure and access rules implementation
- Experience managing a budget and a team of information technology professionals
- Proven problem solver with the ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex problems, manage risk, and provide timely and accurate decisions
- Knowledge in IT processes and controls and strong understanding of risk and control frameworks such as CoBIT, ISO, NIST, ITIL, PCI
- Knowledge, application, and implementation of requirements from all relevant and applicable laws, regulations, norms and standards (e.g. anti-corruption, The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) 2010, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), ISO37001, ISO 37300, ISO 9001, ISO 20.000, ISO 37000)
This renowned Asian sport governing body has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate and want to elevate yourself into senior management, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting System Engineer (IT Security) role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 November 2022An exciting System & Network Administrator job opportunity has just become available at one of the established banks based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Competitive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 November 2022A new Data Governance Business Analyst job has recently become available at an MNC.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 November 2022An exciting Senior Pre-sales Engineer (Cloud) has just become available at one of the growing IT services companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 November 2022An interesting Initiative Lead, Transformation Project Management job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 13 November 2022An exciting DevOps Engineer job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading professional services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.