IT Security Operations Engineer
Salary MYR60,000 - MYR66,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Pearly Toh
Job Ref 1854830/001
Date posted 21 September 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-security 2022-09-21 2022-11-20 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 60000 66000 66000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting IT Security Operations Engineer job has just been made available at one of the one of the strong reinsurers in Malaysia. You will be managing and executing all the IT operations activities according to the organisation’s risk and compliance requirements.
About the IT Security Operations Engineer Role:
You will be involved directly in the organisation’s IT security needs, as well as executing, monitoring, and improving the application and infrastructure security strategies.
- Execute IT operational activities according to the organisations risk and compliance requirements
- Ensure continuous surveillance and monitoring of IT infrastructure and applications and implementation of IT security controls to safeguard from internal and external threats
- Develop and implement application and infrastructure security strategies
- Partake in analysis on threats, vulnerabilities and breaches alongside security vendors
- Perform management and IT security administrative functions associated with the company's IT security
- Monitor the administrative procedures and services by outsourced service providers of IT systems, non-compliance issues/other deviations and perform vulnerability assessment to ensure the IT security management are adhered to and is consistent with IT security procedures and guidelines required
- Work in collaboration with the supervisor in IT infrastructure operations which covers networks, servers, storage and management of mobile devices including desktop
- Automate IT security management tasks
The successful IT Security Operations Engineer is a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra mile to make a difference while working closely with the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Three or more years of experience in security operations performing incident response, forensics and analysis
- Experience configuring and running vulnerability scans and reviewing vulnerability assessment reports
- Familiarity with Linux and forensic evidence concepts
- Knowledge of exploits, vulnerabilities, network attacks, and threat intelligence
- Knowledge/understanding of well-known networking protocols, topologies and services (FTP, HTTP, SSH, SMB, LDAP, etc.)
- Knowledge of the various security solutions such as AV, IPS, IDS, SIEM, firewalls and proxies
- Ability to characterise and analyse network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources (tcpdump, Wireshark, ngrep, etc.)
- Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- CompTIA Security + or equivalent is desired
- Strong knowledge of web applications and APIs is desired
This renowned Malaysian reinsurer has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, are passionate and want to elevate yourself into senior management, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting IT Security Operations Engineer role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 September 2022An exciting IT Helpdesk – Japanese/Korean speaking job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading IT services/consultancy companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR5,000 - MYR8,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 August 2022An exciting LAN/WAN Network Engineer (L2/L3 support) job opportunity has just become available one of the leading banks in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 August 2022An exciting Service Engineer, L1.5 (SIP & VoIP) job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading IT services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.