IT Security Specialist
Salary MYR120,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Pearly Toh
Job Ref 1852060/001
Date posted 14 September 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-security 2022-09-14 2022-11-13 automotive Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 144000 144000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting IT Security Specialist job has just become available at one of the largest Japanese multinational automotive manufacturers based in Malaysia. You will be responsible for implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of the company’s computer systems, networks, and information.
About the IT Security Specialist Role:
As the subject-matter expert, you will be overseeing the day-to-day IT security processes in the company’s technology infrastructure and information security.
- Specialise in IT system/infrastructure security; implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information to ensure that all IT related security components are implemented in accordance with the compliance against Information Security Policy and Management Standards, Statutory Legal and Regulatory requirements
- Oversee all day-to-day IT security incidents/administration/health check current servers and network infrastructure security control. Identify IT risks, threats and vulnerabilities in the company’s technology infrastructure. Analyse and report computer network/servers/application security breaches or attempted breaches. Investigate security incidents, updates and documents security control, perform risk assessments, take appropriate action to minimise harm and make recommendations to corrective action. Maintain incident documentation, participate in post-mortems and write incident reports
- Participate in IT security assessment review and analysis of business risks and creation of IT security requirements and controls ensure that all IT related security components are implemented in accordance with the compliance guidelines. Take ownership; evaluate and recommend information related IT security control/enhancements/projects. If need be in correcting security vulnerabilities by configure, implement, monitor and support IT security software/systems that will help secure compliance with regulatory, industry, corporate policies and procedures
- Serve and be the in-house subject-matter expert and provide IT security advice, guidance and work with others team members in designing and implementing IT security control initiatives and risk mitigation/remediation. Recommend, implement and manage security controls for system, network, application by design system security architecture and develop detailed security designs
- Centrally facilitate and interact with internal and external audit engagement, facilitate remediation based on agreed recommendation and associated risks pertaining to SOX, Global Information Security Group or any other corporate requirements. Periodically track and follow up on relevant parts to ensure audit and compliance gaps are addressed and rectified according to the committed timeline
- Establish and maintain IT security-related policies, procedures and guidelines. Periodically review the security-related guidelines and controls to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the information security controls as a whole, recommending improvements wherever is necessary. Develop comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancements
The successful IT Security Specialist is a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra miles to make a difference while working closely with the business.
- Degree in computer science, information security or equivalent practical experience
- CISSP, CISA, CISM in information security is an advantage
- Minimum of six years of specialisation in IT related security technologies, IT general control and IT processes
- Minimum of six years of hands-on technical experience in setting up/implementing/maintaining IT security related solution/system, including network security monitoring, NAC, L2/L3 firewalls, routing, switching, IDS/IPS, Proxy, WAF, VLAN, VPN Technology, Endpoint Detection and Response Solution, Backup Solution, Event Management (SIEM) Technologies, Content Filtering, Vulnerability Scans and Management, Encryption Technology, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, SSH, LDAP, IPSEC, etc.
- Minimum of six years of related work experience in developing, implementing or architecting information security related solution, IT security risk assessment, lead the response to audit and compliance exercise, threat analysis, vulnerability assessment, security formulation, develop IT security related policy and procedure and documentation
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, results oriented, self-motivated, good interpersonal skills, flexible, independent
- Excellent presentation, written and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, excellent time management, priorities and organisational skills to work on multiple tasks with a high sense of urgency and tight deadlines
- Ability to develop and update technical specifications documentation
- Must be able to handle and provide after-hours urgent incident support requests
This renowned multinational automotive manufacturer has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate and want to elevate yourself into senior management, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting IT Security Specialist role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 September 2022A new IT Senior Executive (SAP) job has recently become available at a reputable conglomerate.
Salary: MYR8,000 - MYR12,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 September 2022An exciting in-house Database Administrator (Oracle/Mongo Server) job opportunity has just become available at one of the top financial services companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR84,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 September 2022An exciting Assistant Manager, Information Security GRC job has just been made available at one of the one of the fastest growing general insurance companies in Malaysia. You will be ensuring the information security and technology risk governance within the business is operating effectively and provide assurance that the risk is appropriately managed.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 September 2022A start up is recrutiing for a Senior Software Tester job while building a IT centre that focuses on developing solutions for a better tomorrow, redefine financial inclusivity to serve the underserved in our society. The company's IT centre will comprise a team of software engineering and technology experts based in Kuala Lumpur and serve as a Centre of Excellence in the region.
Salary: MYR60,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 09 September 2022An exciting Senior Cybersecurity Consultant job has just become available at a global IT consulting and multi-product online trading service provider based in Malaysia.