Security Risk Advisor
Salary MYR96,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Pearly Toh
Job Ref 1849140/001
Date posted 09 September 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-security 2022-09-09 2022-11-08 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 96000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Security Risk Advisor job has just been made available at a global IT consulting and multi-product online trading service provider based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility will be to lead security architecture initiatives and assist in the provision of world class security architecture and solutions across the business.
About the Security Risk Advisor Role:
As a key technical advisor, you will play an integral role in guiding the transformation of security solutions, working closely with the enterprise architecture team, to develop and deliver a long-term vision and strategy for technology.
- Security Architecture - define security standards, design patterns, provide design input into domains and ensure security controls are considered at design stage as well as reviewing the implementation of security controls throughout the course of a project’s life
- Identify new and emerging security technologies, products, services, methods and techniques and evaluate the likely relevance and potential value and impacts (both threats and opportunities) upon business enablers, cost, performance or sustainability
- Track developments and changes in the across the business with a focus on threat environments to ensure that these are adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artefacts
- Develop relevant and pragmatic security frameworks, strategies, reference architectures, patterns, roadmaps, policies, standards, templates and principles to develop cost-effective, highly available architectures to support current and future enterprise-wide business strategies and threat drivers that can be used to leverage security capabilities in projects and operations
- Manage operational activities to comply with the security architectural blueprint and strategy
The successful Security Risk Advisor is a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra miles to make a difference while working closely with the business.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience
- Security qualifications such as CISA,CISM,CRISC,CISSP (desirable)
- Certification in security or enterprise architecture framework such as COBIT, SABSA, TOGAF or Gartner (desirable)
- Experience in a security architecture role including digital environments
- Good understanding of security standards such as PCI-DSS, and knowledge of risk management guidelines and frameworks
- Demonstrated experience of risk assessment, security best practice and practical application of security controls in an enterprise environment
- Practical experience with security technologies such as firewalls, web and mail gateway filtering, AV, IDS/IPS, WAF, SIEM, FIM, IDAM, security monitoring, threat intelligence and security analytics
- Basic understanding of secure software development and related guidelines/standards (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
- Appreciation for the need for governance in a heavily regulated environment
- Ability to design security controls that meet not just security objectives but meet the requirements of the business strategy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to develop, document and communicate complex security frameworks and design concepts
- Collaboration skills and the ability to influence teams across the technology spectrum (infrastructure, legacy, digital) to ensure security is embedded in all projects
- Constant improvement mindset for security to continually uplift protection of the business's technology environments
- Leadership qualities and an ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to a new environment
This IT consulting and online trading firm has an outstanding reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, is passionate and want to elevate yourself into senior management, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Security Risk Advisor role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR8,000 - MYR12,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 September 2022An exciting in-house Database Administrator (Oracle/Mongo Server) job opportunity has just become available at one of the top financial services companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 September 2022A new IT Senior Executive (SAP) job has recently become available at a reputable conglomerate.
Salary: MYR84,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 September 2022An exciting Assistant Manager, Information Security GRC job has just been made available at one of the one of the fastest growing general insurance companies in Malaysia. You will be ensuring the information security and technology risk governance within the business is operating effectively and provide assurance that the risk is appropriately managed.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 September 2022A start up is recrutiing for a Senior Software Tester job while building a IT centre that focuses on developing solutions for a better tomorrow, redefine financial inclusivity to serve the underserved in our society. The company's IT centre will comprise a team of software engineering and technology experts based in Kuala Lumpur and serve as a Centre of Excellence in the region.
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR144,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 September 2022An exciting IT Security Specialist job has just become available at one of the largest Japanese multinational automotive manufacturers based in Malaysia. You will be responsible for implementing and monitoring security measures for the protection of the company’s computer systems, networks, and information.