Head of Risk and IT Security
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant FlorieMae Salazar
Job Ref 1756850/001
Date posted 18 July 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-security 2022-07-18 2022-09-16 financial-services kuala lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Risk and IT Security job has become available at one of the leading financial institutions in Malaysia.
About the Head of Risk and IT Security Role:
Reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for managing compliance risk inherent in day-to-day activities, process and systems.
- Drive the effective implementation of the company’s cybersecurity strategy and framework, explore and recommend the latest available technologies on cyber resilience, advance the company’s cybersecurity posture proactively, and regularly report on cybersecurity performance
- Oversee reporting on matters pertaining to security management and review the thresholds to reflect the current in cyber threat landscape
- Work closely with relevant groups in the alignment of cybersecurity strategy direction and initiatives
- Perform IT security risk assessments, monitor security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems, and develop a cybersecurity threat model/ landscape to help guide resiliency and response
- Perform best practice standards for cyber resilience, with ability to leverage business communication skills to collaborate and communicate effective information security activities and processes in line with the cyber readiness programmes
- Ensure security service provider meets all security compliance and service level agreement requirements
- Assist in service delivery strategic planning process and update the technology plan/roadmap
- Maintain engagement with vendors, IT services and stakeholders
To succeed in the Head of Risk and IT Security role, you must have good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and thorough understanding of end-to-end IT operations and how IT interfaces with business, risk management and IT security compliance processes.
- Professional certificate, bachelor's degree, master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Information Technology
- At least seven years of IT security-related work experience
- Good communication skills in English,Malay language for both spoken and written
- Good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and compliance requirements associated with financial services and thorough understanding of end-to-end IT operations and how IT interfaces with business, risk management and IT security compliance processes
- Sound practical knowledge and understanding of security concepts/technologies (cryptography, application/web and network security, identity and access management, security protocols, SIEM administration, etc.
- Strong technical aptitude, excellent control concept and ability to assess risks
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Risk and IT Security position.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 25 July 2022An interesting Payments Product Lead job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 July 2022An interesting Payment Product Management job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 18 July 2022An exciting Head of IT Services job has just become available at one of the biggest local banks in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 18 July 2022An exciting Head of Enterprise Architecture job has just become available to one of the leading IT companies in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 18 July 2022An exciting Head of Infrastructure and Architecture job has just become available at one of the leading organisations in Kuala Lumpur.