Senior SOC Engineer
Salary MYR10,000 - MYR16,000 per month + Medical, Optical, Dental
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melvin Cheah
Job Ref 1823140/001
Date posted 13 July 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/it-security 2022-07-14 2022-09-11 it Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 10000 16000 16000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior SOC Engineer job has just become available at a leading IT service company based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to work as part of the Security Operations Centre (SOC) team and help in monitoring the environment, identifying and responding to security threats that put the company at risk.
About the Senior SOC Engineer Role:
Reporting to a Regional Lead, you will own leading-edge solutions that are intended to improve the security posture of the company. With your domain expertise, you are expected to provide thought leadership and provide sound technical mentorship on how to respond to security incidents.
- Participate in security incident management and vulnerability management processes, conduct cybersecurity vulnerability assessments
- Analyse and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities
- Provide incident response support on actionable incidents
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory
- Collaborate with the tier two incident response function on maintenance and fine-tuning of security platform functionalities
- Maintain and improve vulnerability management and the coordination of penetration testing as well as the operations and maintenance of SOC tool stack
- Recommend enhancements to SOC process, procedures, and systems
- Document and maintain technical documentation, security procedures and processes
- Research new technologies and tools for cybersecurity innovation
- Mature the vulnerability and scanning/assessment capabilities
- Create and implement use cases within the SIEM tool
- Participate in threat hunting, threat modelling, and threat intel activities
- Be responsible for the development, testing, and deployment of complex IT security solutions
- Ensure efficiency and improvement of SOC systems operations
The successful Senior SOC Engineer is a high-potential and motivated individual who goes the extra mile to make a difference while working closely with the business and be responsible for design, development and delivery of cyber incident responses.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant area of study with a preference for information security, computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Information Security professional designations such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIA, GCIH (desired), AZ-900, MS-500, AZ-500 or SC-200
- Strong understanding of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes as well as various cyber attacks and recent hacking techniques
- Strong understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, WANs, LANs, and commonly used Internet protocols such as SMTP, HTTP, FTP, POP, LDAP
- Good understanding of SIEM tools (SPLUNK, QRADAR) functionality and logic behind creating rules and filters, integrating with different event sources
- Good SQL and scripting experience (PowerShell, Python, Shell, Bash, Java, etc.)
- Good experience in administering Dockers
- Good experience in engineering security in the cloud (Azure, AWS, Google) environment
- Basic understanding of operating systems, virtualisation technologies, network devices, cloud computing concepts, web proxies, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention
- Systems, antivirus systems, data loss prevention, vulnerability assessment tools
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Innovative and eager to learn in a rapidly evolving field
- Personality traits, work habits, communication, and social skills necessary to work effectively within a dynamic and highly operational environment
- Exemplary personal and professional integrity and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently (with moderate supervision) or on projects
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and operational assignments in a high-pressure environment
- Must have good time management skills with a demonstrated ability to complete assignments in a timely, high-quality manner
The IT service company has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all comes up to a great place to work.
If you have what it takes, are passionate about the IT business and want to elevate yourself into a technical position, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior SOC Engineer role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 17 August 2022An exciting Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading banks based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Attractive BenefitsLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 August 2022A well-established company is seeking a Senior iOS Mobile Developer (Native) to design and develop custom applications in Kuala Lumpur. The ideal candidate in this job needs to have strong knowledge in developing code with Native iOS.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: SelangorDate posted: 17 August 2022An exciting DevOps Lead job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading banks based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Negotiable based on experienceLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022A new Principal Solution Architect job has recently become available at a Fortune 500 financial MNC based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR480,000 - MYR720,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 August 2022In this high-profile role, you will be responsible for setting up enterprise-wide data architecture and analytics strategy, roadmap, process and governance to achieve a data-driven decision organisation, based in Kuala Lumpur.