Network Security Specialist
Salary MYR10,000 - MYR20,000 per month + Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Sarah Nunis
Job Ref 1803000/001
Date posted 12 May 2022shah-alam tech-transformation/it-security 2022-05-24 2022-07-11 it Shah Alam Shah Alam MY MYR 10000 20000 20000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Network Security Specialist job has just opened at a steel manufacturing organisation based in Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to provide services in IT enterprise infrastructure, applications, as well as data and analytics to support business needs across Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. You are accountable for keeping all IT systems and applications operating efficiently by conducting regular security health checks.
About the Network Security Specialist Role:
Reporting to the Head of IT Security, you will be providing network expertise across all ASEAN manufacturing sites and projects, as well as interacting with global IT, OT and digital teams, to ensure the organisation’s network is secure.
- Ensure the effectiveness in security operations within the ASEAN manufacturing sites
- Ensure the timely delivery of security projects and BAU operations within the ASEAN manufacturing sites
- Ensure the effectiveness in project roll-out and security operations within the ASEAN manufacturing region
- Contribute to ASEAN network security strategy, which includes the development of a continuous improvement roadmap, global penetration testing strategy, network standards and collation of the current state network artefacts
- Lead and manage country OT network and security engineers
To succeed as the new Network Security Specialist, you must posess at least five years of IT/OT network security-related experience in design, implementation, maintenance, and support of medium to large-sized networks such as LAN environments, wireless networking and protocols including ethernet (such as TCP/IP, industrial Wi-Fi, LoRaWAN, VPN, and load balancer).
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline such as information technology, computer science, or equivalent
- Highly collaborative and influential communicator with a forward-thinking mindset and is able to provide security solutions to support the business
- Hands-on technical professional with demonstrated experience in IT, OT and networking technologies
- Experienced in network design and security architecture, intrusion detection, network monitoring and cloud OT
- Experience with Cisco and Azure environments, qualifications in CCNA, CCNP or equivalent certifications
- Experience in heavy industry manufacturing environment is an advantage
The scope of the offer, the size of business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all comes up to a great place to work. The work environment is open and fast paced, providing plenty of opportunities for you to learn and excel. You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational multicultural work environment, with access to different technology platforms and applications.
If you have what it takes and want to further your career as an OT SME, this is an excellent opportunity for you. Apply today as great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Network Security Specialist role.
Apply today or email me at Sarah.Nunis@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7084