Head of Data Engineering (Development)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sheryl Sim
Job Ref 1808940/001
Date posted 10 June 2022kuala-lumpur tech-transformation/business-intelligence-big-data 2022-06-16 2022-08-09 it Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Head of Data Engineering (Development) job has become available at a renowned leader in the retail food industry based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Head of Data Engineering (Development) Role:
Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, this role involves leading a team of data engineers to build, test, deploy, and operate cloud-based data pipelines and data-intensive applications.
- Lead a team of data engineers to build large-scale, cloud-based, distributed systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for data scientists and business analysts to interpret
- Acquire both structured and unstructured data sources and data sets that align with business needs and understand different approaches to data architecture and applications to handle both data types
- Develop algorithms to transform data into useful, actionable information using data-oriented programming languages such as Java, Python, Scala and SQL
- Build, test, and maintain database pipeline architectures. Use ETL tools and REST-oriented APIs for creating and managing data integration jobs
- Create new data validation methods and data management tools
- Develop a comprehensive collection of practices, concepts, procedures, processes, and accompanying systems that allow the organisation to gain control of its data resources
- Manage the entire life cycle of a given data asset from its original creation point to its final retirement, how it progresses and changes throughout its lifetime through the internal (and external) data pipelines of the organisation.
The successful incumbent must come with experience in building complex or enterprise back-end applications.
- Coding: proficiency in coding languages used to build data-intensive systems – including SQL, Python, Java, and/or Scala is essential
- ETL (extract, transform, and load) tools: be proficient in building ETL processes through which data is moved from databases and other sources into a single repository, such as a data warehouse
- Cloud computing: understand cloud storage and compute in either Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
- At least a bachelor’s degree majoring in computer science, software engineering, data science, or information systems
- Certifications for data engineering professionals from providers such as Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and IBM are a plus
This organisation is a renowned leader in the food industry that delivers products and services from farm to plate.
The culture is fast paced and demanding but if you are up for a new career challenge, this Head of Data Engineering (Development) role is just right for you.
Click Apply Now or email me your resume at email@example.com.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 01 July 2022An exciting Head of Analytics & Decision Science job has just become available at one of the top financial services companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR20,000 - MYR35,000 per month + Medical, Optical, DentalLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 June 2022An exciting Head of IT Governance, Risk & Compliance job has just become available at a large financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Your main responsibility is to strategically manage the company’s IT risk position by ensuring compliance issues are resolved and evaluated to fill up particular gaps.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 May 2022A new Head, IT Applications job has recently become available at one of the largest Islamic banks in the market.
Salary: Competitive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 24 June 2022An exciting ERP Project Manager job has just become available at a global manufacturer in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 June 2022An interesting Head of Project Management job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Director, this is a role is for a leader within the project management department.