Associate Medical Director
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Mathew Ng
Date posted 10 October 2016
An exciting Associate Medical Director position has just become available at one of the largest MNC pharmaceutical company based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Regional Medical Director, this is a role for seasoned medical affairs talent who are leaders in their field.
About the Associate Medical Director Role:
In this Associate Medical Director role, you will be responsible for leading the affiliate medical affairs staff and activities as well as set and execute medical affairs strategies for the affiliate medical department. Other than this you will also be required to provide leadership, strategic direction and mentorship to direct reports and fulfil line management responsibilities accordingly.
- Plan and manage budget and headcount resources for the affiliate medical department, in
full collaboration and transparency with the affiliate commercial/finance and HR teams, and
in consultation with the Regional Medical Director
- Development of local clinical research plans. Conduct of local research activities in a
scientific, efficient and compliant way, with due regard to applicable policies, processes and
procedures and national regulations, and alignment with areas of strategic research interest
for relevant products/therapeutic areas
- Ensure that an effective Pharmacovigilance system operates within the affiliate, and that
reporting requirements to competent authorities for adverse events and other safety
related documents are adhered to
- Ensure that the affiliate operates an effective promotional material review & approval
process, and act as final medical signatory (may be delegated) for all promotional and
scientific materials / activities within the affiliate
- Establish medical and scientific information service for AbbVie products and products in
development, and ensure that medical information is of high quality and communicated in
an accurate, balanced, timely and compliant way
- Provide medical support for, and help develop and maintain professional and credible
relationships with external experts and academic centers
- Be a strategic collaborator in, and contributor to, the affiliate FutureFit and Brand Teams,
and ensure medical alignment with local objectives where possible
To succeed in the Associate Medical Director position, you will need to have the ability to work cross-functionally across all departments as well as the ability to communicate effectively to a large group of people.
- Medical Degree; Strong background in clinical practice. Suitably qualified individuals from a scientific background and relevant experience will also be considered in exceptional circumstances
- Previous medical affairs pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical industry experience is essential, and management experience of medical teams & significant numbers of medical/scientific staff for 5 years (minimum) is expected.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a medical/scientific organization of a size similar to that in the affiliate
- A broad and demonstrated understanding of drug development and commercialization processes
- He/she must have a reputation for leading with high integrity, strong work ethics and compliant behaviour
- Must understand and be able to plan, manage and execute budgets effectively.
- Collaborative, team oriented approach, and will be adept at developing and supporting relationships across an organization as well as with key external stakeholders and the healthcare community
- Must possess the ability to lead with confidence; a motivator of people he/she should have the ability to impart
This international pharmaceutical company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. They are known for developing great products as well as focused on developing their internal staff to the highest level.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125