Regional Sales Manager, East Malaysia (Agrochemicals)
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Date posted 10 September 2018 2018-09-102018-11-09 agriculture-fishing-and-forestry Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A global leader in Agrochemicals is in search of a strong Regional Sales Manager to lead the business in East Malaysia based in Sarawak.
About the Regional Sales Manager, East Malaysia Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be fully responsible for the business in East Malaysia in terms of sales and costs, profit & loss. You will need to build, lead and coach the sales team to execute key sales campaigns and activities to ensure achievement of annual sales targets.
- Build brand presence and manage sustainable business growth in the sales region by increasing market share and further enhance penetration in the key target segments
- Plan and organise demand generation activities through sales calls, farmer training programmes and other farmer focused activities
- Develop and maintain business relationships with key channel partners and key influencers in the sales region
- Accountable for collections from all customers in the sales region, ensure they are in line with policies and taking required action steps with errant customers
- Apply and adapt the commercial unit GTM strategy to the sales region in terms of selection of target segments, working the value propositions in consultation with the customer marketing team and developing supporting campaigns and promotions
- Accountable for Basic Market Intelligence for the sales region with respect to all sales region related information and using this to support developing product unit and revenue sales targets and forecasts for the sales region
- Be a coach to the team and enable them to take independent charge of sales units over an agreed period
The successful Regional Sales Manager, East Malaysia will need to have sales experience in the agriculture or agrochemical industry, preferably in crop protection if possible. As this role will need to develop the sales team, it would be best if this person has people management experience.
- At least a Degree/Diploma in Agriculture science or related
- Minimum 10 – 12 years' sales experience within the agriculture business (crop protection, crop nutrition, etc.)
- Proven leadership skills and people management experience
- Strong knowledge in grower behaviour and Agro business trends in the region
- Good team player
- Strong ability to understand customer needs, structure and business drivers
- Ability to manage distribution channels effectively with good understanding of channel structure and dynamics
As a global market leader in the Agrochemicals industry with strong specialised products within crop protection, this organisation has established itself as a strong player in their field of expertise. Due to overwhelming demand and growth opportunities, they are currently on the verge of expanding their business operations across Malaysia.
If you are a talented sales leader with key experience within the agrochemicals or agriculture industry, this is a great opportunity for you to take on an exciting sales leadership role and business management position for the East Malaysia market.
Apply now to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125