Sales & Service Engineer
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 engineering Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A global leader in precision instruments and equipment is searching for a driven and talented Sales & Service Engineer to join their organisation in Malaysia.
About the Sales & Service Engineer Role:
Due to business growth and opportunities, you will play a vital role in securing new customers within industries such as chemical, pharmaceutical, F&B, academia, laboratories, engineering, manufacturing and other related sectors. You will be able to use your technical knowledge and sales skills to identify their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment and services.
- Establish new accounts/services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organising sales call schedules
- Identify current and potential customer requirements by establishing personal rapport and understanding key requirements
- Provide product & technical information to potential and existing customers
- Responsible for actively driving and managing the technical evaluation stage of the sales process together with Application Specialists & working in collaboration with the sales team and product advocates of the company’s products
- Communicate features and applications effectively, demonstrating MT’s market leadership and expertise
- Develop customer's staff by providing technical information and training
- Training/Developing support material for other members of the sales team
- Determine improvements by analysing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of equipment or services
- Able to prepare cost estimates by studying blueprints and related customer documents and gain customer acceptance by demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements
The successful Sales & Service Engineer will be technically-savvy and sales-focused, entrepreneurial and driven to succeed.
- Degree/Diploma in any engineering discipline preferably in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- At least two to three years of working experience in Technical Sales / Service or in a similar capacity
- Experience in either one of the following is required: industrial equipment / packaging equipment / process equipment / measuring instruments / laboratory equipment / control instrumentation (sensors, transmitters)
- Ability to read & understand Basic AUTOCAD is highly preferred
- Understanding of sales & distribution with intermediate project management skills
- Willing to travel
- Adept in identifying potentials and devising solutions to need
- Sound understanding of manufacturing workflows and architecture
With an outstanding international reputation and rich history that dates back 100 years, this company is the clear number one in its niche markets. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest of standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125