Head of Sales (Agrochemical)
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Date posted 02 July 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A global market leader in agricultural chemicals is searching for a driven, talented and experienced Head of Sales to lead the business in Malaysia.
About the Head of Sales role:
In this business-critical role, you will be tasked to direct the country sales team to enable and implement activities aimed at sales and revenue growth to increase profitability to the group.
- Develop and implement key customer strategies including farmers, distribution & retailer approaches, meaningful partnerships and networking
- Establish key strategies for portfolio and asset management
- Drive analysis of market trends, factors, market players and dynamics of the industry for better understanding and improvement
- Steer the local business in line with annual budgets and drive sales performance
- Manage, lead and develop the local Sales team by providing organisational setup, disciplinary leadership, guidance, coaching and direction to achieve targets
- Focus on team expansion by identifying, recruiting and developing key talents for succession and to ensure business needs are met
The successful Head of Sales must be a strong leader, people manager and commercial-minded expert. Experience in turning around businesses and revenue is crucial for this position.
- At least a Bachelor/Masters of Science in Agricultural or related
- Minimum 10 years of experience in sales and marketing of agrichemicals or crop protection or related with 10 years in people management and sales management
- Excellent network in the agricultural market with key distributors, retailers, government bodies, research institutions and advisers, etc.
- Experience working in matrix organisations, compliance regulations and internal audit requirements
- Preferably knowledgeable in the crop protection market – technical, commercial, farming techniques, crop issues, etc.
- Culturally open-minded, adaptable, possess high integrity and strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, Bahasa and other local Malaysian languages
This international chemical company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise holding the highest market share in the region. With great clients and known for their excellent performance and success, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The organisation is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest of standards.
If you are a talented sales management professional with a successful track record of sales achievements and business turnaround, you can take your career forward with this exciting Head of Sales role.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity!
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125