Sales Manager (Electronics)
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Date posted 16 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An international market leader in mechanical fasteners is recruiting a dynamic Sales Manager to join their organisation in Malaysia.
About the Sales Manager Role:
The main responsibility of this role is to grow the company’s business and market share within Malaysia for the Electronics industry. You will be required to apply strong sales strategies and account management to both new and existing clients.
- Service and build relationship with existing customer accounts
- Work jointly with counter-parts globally to provide technical support to local customers
- Coordinate customer enquires/complaints
- Align customer's requirements with the factory
- Conduct price negotiations for increased allocation/ market share during bidding exercise
- Collect market intelligence and competitor information to facilitate effective sales planning, forecast and budgets
- Monitor actual sales performance against target and be accountable to take pro-active actions to meet established sales targets
- Lead and coordinate price negotiation efforts with customers, recommend suitable pricing strategies and actions balancing the company’s need for profitability and winning target allocations or RFQ at customer location
- Take on a structured approach to develop and manage new businesses effort - identify potential targets and ensuring the new business development funnel is full
- Seek out new business opportunities - partner with customers (existing or new) to identify fastening system solutions for product applications, align customer requirements with the factory for manufacturing, manage new business projects till mass production
To succeed in this Sales Manager job, you will need to have prior experience in sales of products targeting the Electronics manufacturing industries. Experience in fasteners or mechanical products are also an added advantage.
- Degree in an engineering discipline, preferably in Mechanical or related
- At least five years of relevant experience within sales to electronics industries
- Knowledge of fasteners and their application – working knowledge of manufacturing process for Fasteners, secondary processes and terminology used, with experience in the Electronics industry preferred
- Possess good communication skills, written and oral, able to work across multiple levels and functions
- Able to build relationship with key decision makers at customers/ potential customer's location
- Possess good information gathering and analysis skills that will be used to inform sales planning and new business development efforts
The successful Sales Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised global brand offers a great potential for business development opportunities in the region.
If you have a successful track record of business development with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125