Retail Brand Manager (Luxury Sports Retail)
Salary MYR96,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Christie Cheah
Job Ref 1899750/001
Date posted 03 February 2023kuala-lumpur sales/sales-general 2023-02-16 2023-04-04 retail Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 96000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An exciting Retail Brand Manager (Luxury Sports Retail) job has just become available at one of the most respected global sports retailers based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the General Manager, this is a role for a retail manager who is a leader in their field.
About the Retail Brand Manager (Luxury Sports Retail) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for matters related to the overall direction, strategy as well as daily operational matters within the brand’s portfolio alongside the HQ and the General Manager. You will also take the lead providing direction to all marketing-related activities, sales and operations for launching the first store and opening the market in Malaysia.
- Mapping out strategies, formulation of business plans and ensuring effective implementation with the objective of growing the brand
- Managing the performance of the brand effectively to ensure that deliverables are met whilst staying within the budget where applicable
- Conducting market research, analysing market trends and developments relevant to the brands and incorporating it into the business plans accordingly
- Monitoring and presenting key business indicators for the brand
- Formulating and monitoring the implementation of advertising, PR, promotions and other marketing strategies together with the Division Manager with the Head of Marketing for the brand
- Developing relationships and managing the communications with principal of the brand and ensuring that brand equity is maintained as per guidelines given
- Managing sales targets as well as proposing and initiating sales development strategies for the brand
- Directing and controlling level of stocks and sales activities including managing the sell-through rates of the brands
- Ensuring the maintenance of optimum selling level of stock at all points of sales that has been created/established
- Analysing performance of the brand and formulating/adjusting OTBs in accordance with the past performance and future projections
- Formulating and managing the buy strategy in order to achieve targets and develop the growth of the brand
- Managing the operations of the brand to ensure a continuous and smooth business process including deliveries, promotions, communications with the customers, stock maintenance and reporting
- Managing the administrative and reporting section of the brand to ensure all proper controls are in place and observed by the team to ensure a smooth running of the brand
- Ensuring proper, correct and timely documentation for all stock movements for the brand
- Ensuring the conduct of stock take exercises at the boutiques level to ensure that all security measures are intact and duly observed
- Reviewing and controlling staffing matters i.e. recruitment, transfers, promotions, placements as well as disciplinary matters
- Conducting staff training with regards to product knowledge and customer service
To succeed in this Retail Brand Manager (Luxury Sports Retail) role, you will need to have the ability to work
effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Preferably with a bachelor’s degree
- Must have at least seven years of work experience managing retail outlets
- Good leadership qualities with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong operational/reporting skills
- Good command of English. Good command of Mandarin is an advantage as the candidate is required to work with Mandarin-speaking stakeholders
- Ability to converse in other languages is an advantage
- Savvy in Microsoft Word/Excel and Pivot
- Results-oriented with excellent customer service
- Well groomed with a flair for fashion
This sport retailer needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate entertainment, they’ve won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The company is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Retail Brand Manager (Luxury Sports Retail) job.
Apply today or email me at Christie.Cheah@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7081
Salary: MYR96,000 - MYR132,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 May 2022A new Retail Operations Manager (Timepiece) job has just been made available with a notable timepiece brand.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 March 2023An exciting Account Manager job has opened up at a financial services firm.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 23 March 2023An exciting Key Account Manager (Pharma) job has just become available at one of the most respected FMCG firms based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Pharmacy Channel Manager, this is a role for a Key Account Manager who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 March 2023An exciting Account Manager (Fire Alarm System) job has become available at a global integrated fire alarm company.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 March 2023An exciting Sales Support, Assistant Manager (FMCG) job has just become available at one of the most respected global FMCG firms based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Sales System Manager, this is a role for a sales support assistant manager who is a leader in their field.