Sales Director (Chemical)
Consultant William Yang
Date posted 06 February 2019 2019-02-062019-04-07 sales Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 360000 360000 360000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An exciting Sales Director (Chemical) job in Malaysia has just arisen at a leading firm in the chemical industry.
About the Sales Director (Chemical) Role:
The Sales Director (Chemical) will be responsible in managing the operations of multiple functions within the business unit. The incumbent is to direct the Malaysia Business Unit to ensure the attainment of financial and operational goals, in support of the Group’s overall financial and strategic objectives. You will be required to establish budgets, short- and long term objectives, strategies and develop criteria for monitoring progress and measuring success.
- Lead in business/ agency development, to ensure continuity and success of agency and distribution agreements
- Develop and offer the most comprehensive and strategic portfolio of products and services, to meet the needs of the market
- Ensure demand forecasting accuracy & direct negotiation with Principals on all buying prices and product allocation for the Group
- Conduct market survey & report when require by principal to enable formulation of effective marketing strategies
- Collaborate and participate in Principal marketing activities which cover customer visits, promotion and trial activities for business development
- Develop and maintain favourable relationships with existing and new principals to achieve the target Principal Satisfaction Index
- To advise principals of market development by monthly/quarterly reporting and during visits
- To secure confidence of existing principals and establish the company as the preferred working partner with all principals
- To establish solid communication, business planning and reporting for all top line principals providing a good base to further strengthen relationships and enhance new business development
- To establish the organisation as the most dynamic & effective local provider of sales, marketing services amongst present and future partners. You will be required to establish the organisation as a leader in setting industry trends, in the areas of business innovation & growth
To succeed in this role, you will need to have at least fifteen years' experience in chemical industry dealing with raw materials and managing senior principles.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Marketing or equivalent. MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum 15 years in the Chemical industry or related industry experience in management roles
- Solid leader with proven track record in managing dynamic teams to deliver stretched goals. Able to motivate and align direction, set priorities and objectives to drive results
- Demonstrated experience and ability to develop mid-long term strategies, and able to translate those strategies to tactical and operational deliverables
- Excellent marketing acumen to drive marketing activities such as market segmentation, customer and product portfolio management, branding/positioning and market mapping and intelligence
- Strong background in finance, P&L and working capital management
- Customer focused with solid interpersonal skills and good networking ability to build relationships with both suppliers and customers
- Strong communication skills - both written and spoken English, fluent in local language with good understanding and appreciation of local cultures
This international organisation is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Sales Director (Chemical) job.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C