Head of Retail Sales (Building Materials)
Salary MYR13,000 - MYR16,500 per month + Sales Incentive
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Job Ref 1832710/001
Date posted 01 August 2022kuala-lumpur sales/channel-management 2022-08-14 2022-09-30 sales Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 13000 16500 16500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A Head of Retail Sales (Building Materials) job has become available at a global market leader in coatings in Malaysia.
About the Head of Retail Sales (Building Materials) Role:
In this business critical role, you will lead and manage the strategy and execution of the retail channel/dealer sales across Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei for the decorative paints division. You will plan, execute and monitor sales objectives and collections to achieve the sales budgets, strengthen customer relations, profitability and increase market share.
- Develop decorative sales via retail/dealer channels by identifying potential business opportunities and gather market research from the team on market trends and positioning to increase market share
- Plan, manage and monitor sales objectives, gross margin, days sales outstanding (DSO) and payment collection by very close follow-up and guidance to the sales team to ensure implementation of sales target, ensure profitability and increase of market share
- Develop and execute long-term strategic plans and short-term tactical plans by applying the segment and regional strategies and guidelines to the local company strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, to ensure revenue growth and profit maximisation of the decorative operations
- Develop and implement proper distribution strategies and programmes by setting targets, selection criteria and performance measures for subordinates to build and maintain a strong, effective, and loyal distribution network
- Develop and implement standard procedures, processing and reporting to ensure the implantation of best practice is achieved through the retail and project teams
- Organise, develop, motivate and lead sales teams by setting clear targets and framework, coaching, supporting, following-up and monitoring each team member to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of the whole teams
- Conduct periodic performance reviews and feedback sessions with employees as required
To succeed in this Head of Retail Sales (Building Materials) role, you must currently have experience in retail/dealer sales management or channel sales management within related industries. Experience leading and managing a team of sales people is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in business studies or engineering or related fields
- At least 10 - 12 years of retail/dealer channel sales management experience with three to five years in a people leadership role
- Retail sales experience within building materials/FMCG/consumer products or related
- Strong people management experience with a track record managing a sizeable team
- Experience in managing various stakeholders internally and externally
- Fluency in English and able to speak other local languages based on market requirements
- Experience working in an MNC
- Driven, ambitious and passionate
- Strong in negotiation and influencing
This organisation is one of the market leaders across the globe in paints and coatings manufacturing and have strong presence within SEA regions. They pride themselves on a strong culture and environment and always look at organic growth and progression within the organisation.
If you are a talented retail/dealer/channel sales head or leader looking for your next move, then this Head of Retail Sales (Building Materials) role is right for you.
Apply today or email your CV to email@example.com to discuss further.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR300,000 - MYR360,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 26 September 2022A new Head of e-Commerce job has just become available at a reputable retail chain in Malaysia.
Salary: MYR13,000 - MYR16,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 15 September 2022A Corporate Partnership & Business Development (NGO) job has become available at a global non-profit organisation in Malaysia.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 September 2022An exciting Channel Head - Retail and e-Commerce (FMCG) job has just become available at one of the most respected global FMCG firms based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Commercial Lead, this is a role for a manager who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 28 September 2022A global market leader in commercial vehicles is seeking a Regional Manager (Commercial Vehicles). In this job, you will manage the business and operations in the East Coast and East Malaysia regions.
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR264,000 per annum + Attractive PackageLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 12 September 2022An exciting Customer Service Manager (Night Shift) job has just become available at one of the most known travel and tourism platforms based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to an Associate Director.