Salary MYR72,000 - MYR120,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Consultant KarMoon Tan
Date posted 24 September 20192019-09-24 2019-11-23 retail Selangor Selangor MY MYR 72000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Category Manager job has just become available at one of the most renowned retail companies based in Selangor. Reporting to directly to the Executive Vice President, this is a role for aspiring individuals passionate about merchandising and category management.
About the Category Manager Role:
In this business critical and pioneer role, you will independently manage a new category for the company that is aggressively growing nationwide and in other regions. You will also take the lead in negotiating with suppliers and trading terms to ensure the best outcome for the category managed.
- Source for potential products from vendors, not limited to locally
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships
- Maintain inventory management records
- Analyse sales trends and adjust product offering accordingly
- Develop assortments by analysing product performance, customer feedback, consumer trend and competitive landscape
- Manage open-to-buy to meet financial targets and productivity metrics at the SKU level for performance, sales, inventory, receipt and margin goals
- Manage SKU life cycle and react to in-season sales to inform the strategy going forward
- Analyse and re-forecast for the business to help implement strategies and ensure plans are achieved, including adjusting product flow and inventory management
- Allocate product by location to ensure goals are met
- Communicate with warehouse, logistics, store operations and third party vendors to ensure timely delivery of shipments
- Share season-over-season learnings based on customer patterns and seasonal product performance
- Manage and communicate floor set delivery grids to cross-functional partners
- Develop, maintain and update appropriate allocation tools and templates to analyse merchandise selling by store in order to optimise distribution. Make quarterly recommendations to the buying team, by department, based on history and current trends, on the appropriate size curve to use for purchases
To succeed in the Category Manager role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and build up and manage a newly-developed category, and cooperate well with internal and external stakeholders in ensuring growth for the company.
- Minimum of four years of work experience in category management function in the retail industry
- Good communication and presentation skills, with strong command of English
- Good analytical, organisational and project management skills, and have a positive working attitude
This renowned retail company needs no introduction and is easily recognised by consumers. The company has been growing rapidly hence the culture is open and ambitious but also not limited to developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Category Manager job.
Apply today or email me: Karmoon.Tan@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C