Salary MYR84,000 - MYR96,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Michelle Yim
Date posted 04 February 2019 2019-02-042019-04-05 retail Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia MY MYR 84000 96000 96000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An exciting Category Manager job has just become available at a top-perfoming multinational Retail company based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Senior Category Manager, this is a role for a merchandiser / buyer who is a leader in the Retail industry.
About the Category Manager Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for building core product categories & brand portfolios in Malaysia, which includes planning & maximising new product launches & driving core category performance/analysis. The Category Manager will also be required to identify new commercial opportunities by deepening the relationships with our strategic brand stakeholders.
Manage a brand portfolio of specific axis:
• Meet sales, margin & market share goals as assigned for category
• Measure category performance & integrate with space management analysis.
• Liaise with local/international brand partners to maximise business.
• Conduct frequent reviews with brands to ensure sales target are on track.
• Monitor thematic analysis & post evaluation to measure thematic effectiveness.
Develop Sales & Category strategy:
• Demonstrate ability to think strategically & take insight into actions.
• Leverage multiple data points & insights (shopper profile / category growth & product life cycle) to outline trends & sales opportunities.
• In charge of store launches pad activation with value added programs that optimise the sales and profits
Interface between brands, regional offices and stores:
• Maintain effective relationships across the business with internal stakeholders (Supply Chain, Retail Operations, Marketing & Training) to ensure business goals are being met
• Good communication skills & team oriented. Requires frequent inter-department engagement & influencing others to collaborate and achieve common goals
To succeed in the Category Manager job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
• Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• At least six years' working experience in category management / buying / merchandising within the retail industry
• Strong stakeholder engagement skills
• Excellent communication skills
This multinational company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in the Retail industry. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are definitely significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their employees to the highest standards.
Apply here or contact me directly at email@example.com for a confidential career discussion.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C