Business Development Manager (Automation)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Adrian Chung
Job Ref 1910280/001
Date posted 02 March 2023kuala-lumpur sales/business-development 2023-03-02 2023-05-01 sales Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A Business Development Manager (Automation) job has become available at a global industrial automation company.
About the Business Development Manager (Automation) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for growing the organisation’s factory automation turnkey solutions business targeting the FMCG/food manufacturing sectors. As this is a new area of development for the business, you will be vital in taking a proactive approach to develop new customers and markets for the organisation.
- Grow profitable sales particularly in the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) vertical for the company with a primary focus on selling solutions and turnkeys
- Be actively in constant communication with senior management to create a sales strategy based on market research and sales data
- Develop and maintain a robust business opportunities/pipeline at all stages of the sales cycle which include targeting, prospecting, and presenting compelling business propositions
- Act as the industry expert for FMCG to drive current and future profitable sales growth by identifying and executing the market growth strategy
- Initiate new customers and maintain relations with the existing ones with mixed focus on MNCs and local growing companies
- Manage active sales and promotion of relevant solutions and turnkeys based on the portfolio (chain conveyors, handling solutions, robots, drive and controls, linear technology, etc.) in a right mix with partner vendor solutions
- Continually assess current business distribution channels, develop, and evaluate their performance consistently
- Collaborate with the engineering and applications teams for new solutions development to fit the market needs and requirements
- Collaborate with marketing to promote the technology value proposition to the FMCG market through trade shows, industry presentation, speaking engagements, case history and success stories
The successful Business Development Manager (Automation - Food) must have prior experience in sales of industrial automation/factory automation solutions with a strong customer network of FMCG or food manufacturers.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, electrical electronic, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in business development or sales management of industrial/factory automation to the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) industry is a must
- Relevant experience working with a complex automation solutions and products and has existing working relationships with end users and OEMs within the FMCG manufacturing industry in Malaysia and ASEAN is preferred
- Proven track record of generating new business and rapid revenue growth with excellent value selling and negotiation skills
- Flexible, resilient problem solver with strong assertiveness and persuasion skills, who is enthusiastic about latest technological development changes and ability to leverage those for proposing technical solutions with the team to meet customer objectives
This international leader in industrial factory automation has more than 100 locations across the world and prides themselves on their cutting-edge technology and innovation.
If you are an experience sales or business development professional within the industrial automation business with strong network in FMCG clients, then this Business Development Manager (Automation) role is right for you.
Apply now to learn more.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Get in touch
+60 3 2303 7069
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 02 March 2023A Business Development Manager (Construction) job has become available at a market leader in the construction business.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 19 February 2023An exciting Business Development Manager (Metal) job has just become available in a global leader in metal flowing engineering based in Malaysia. Reporting directly to the Sales Director, this is a role for an executive who is a leader in their field.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 16 March 2023An exciting Nutrition Sales Lead (Food Ingredients) job has become available at a global integrated speciality oil and fats firm.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 22 February 2023An exciting IT Sales Manager job opportunity has just become available at one of the leading software business solutions providers based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR96,000 - MYR180,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 20 February 2023An e-Commerce Manager (Beauty) job with a reputable global beauty brand based in Malaysia has just become available.