Senior Specification Engineer, SEA (Oil and Gas)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Date posted 03 December 20192019-12-03 2020-02-01 engineering Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 6000 10000 10000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This global leader in insulation materials is currently searching for an experienced Senior Specification Engineer, SEA (Oil and Gas) to join the team in Malaysia.
About the Senior Specification Engineer, SEA (Oil and Gas) Role:
Reporting to the Technical Manager, APAC, you will manage the specification of the company’s products and create demand by developing key relationships with project owners/principals/EPCs. You will act as a specialist to provide key information on products (specifications, design, solutions, sales and distributor information) to customers and partners.
- Prepare and present professional proposals that includes technical solutions, financial solutions, technical calculations and overall cost savings for partners
- Support site trial of new insulation solutions from the company including site survey, design of insulation systems, site support of trial installation, performance monitoring, analysis and documentation of trial projects
- Achieve product specification in projects through research to identify and establish connection with prospective partners
- Promote, present and demonstrate products technically through the understanding of customer needs, acting as a consultant to partners
- Organise site Meetings with Owners/EPCs and advising them on the technical performance specifications for products and systems to incorporate products into their corporate/general specifications
- Provide technical support for owners/EPCs
- Provide general technical leadership to region in all matters associated with oil and gas, heavy industry and energy sector. Engage with regional teams to ensure consistency in knowledge, advice and procedures
- Prepare and provide technical presentations to customers and at events on product performance, product applications and regulations affecting insulation materials
- Develop and deliver training modules to regional/local technical and sales managers of Advanced Insulation, distributors and engineers in and out of the region on technical knowledge of products
- Arrange for testing and certification of products to meet local market requirement, ensuring compliance to regional regulations and document management according to company policy
- Advise customers on the use of products to meet local laws and standards, and monitoring changes in regulations that affect compliance and future needs for product development
To succeed in this Senior Specification Engineer, SEA (Oil and Gas) role, will need to have prior technical experience within O&G related products with a commercial/business mindset and ability to present to customers directly.
- Technical degree in Engineering/Science
- Minimum of five years' relevant experience in oil and gas/energy industry
- Proven track record with international companies representing a range of products with clear understanding of the BD, sales and marketing processes
- Excellent interpersonal, management and report skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to present well and network effectively
- Influencer, able to forge close working relationship with technical contributors and garner support and input to the BD process
- Commercially focused, results oriented with strong customer focus
- Organised and efficient in self managing and pursuing business objective
- Committed team player, enthusiastic, reliable, loyal and flexible with a positive can do attitude
- Strong work ethic and passion for the business
This international organisation is a renowned manufacturer and supplier of insulation materials across the globe. They have offices and production facilities internationally and have recently put more focus in growth within Asia.
If you are a talented technical specification professional with an interest in a customer facing role, then this Senior Specification Engineer, SEA (Oil and Gas) role is the job for you.
Apply today or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C