Market Development Manager, APAC
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Date posted 09 April 20192019-04-09 2019-06-08 sales Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 12000 16000 16000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
A global leader in measuring instruments has a new Market Development Manager, APAC job that has just arisen. The role will be based in their regional office in Malaysia.
About the Market Development Manager, APAC Role:
In this business-critical role, you will take the lead as a market driver for the business unit assigned to you and ensure the strengthening and execution of the business strategy across the offices in APAC. Your main goal is to ensure a successful set-up and integration of your business practice into the sales processes in APAC.
- Enable, plan, coach and steer local offices to utilise the business methodology and tools in all channels within APAC areas
- Provide local offices with best practices scenarios set-up, process, sales and service implementation
- Present and ensure appropriate toolboxes, marketing and training materials are known and used on a broad basis in the assigned local offices
- Provide clear communication of engagement and development to the global competence centre, management board and local offices management teams
- In collaboration with local offices, define KPIs to determine success of the above; monitor and initiate corrective actions where necessary
- Conduct expert training for defined target groups among the local field forces according to the business and training units’ concepts
- Provide market feedback to the Product Management team to ensure further enhancements of the business unit tools, collaterals and training materials; provide tangible solutions and proposals for "easy-to-understand" messages that support the overall business goals of broad reach
- Pro-actively collaborate on the business’ strategic projects with the global competence centre team and take ownership of defined projects on a yearly basis
To succeed in this Market Development Manager, APAC role, you must have customer-facing experience with a good understanding of B2B businesses such as Chemical, Food or Pharmaceutical. You must also have good internal stakeholder management skills within a matrix multinational organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Engineering/Marketing or a Technical Education paired with customer-facing experience within B2B industries (Food, Chemical or Pharma)
- Minimum of eight to ten years’ experience within a marketing or sales background within the industrial B2B environment
- Experience selling services and solutions is a strong advantage
- Technical affinity paired with a service provider attitude
- Experience in Applied Metrology, Compliance, Regulations
- Strong marketing and entrepreneurial DNA
- Independent yet integrative working style with a can-do attitude
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Ability to handle push-backs and obtain tangible outcomes with interdisciplinary teams in an international environment
With an outstanding international reputation and rich history that dates back 100 years, this company is the clear number one in its field of expertise. The business succeeds on the speed of its innovation and is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest of standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C