Regional Business Development Manager (Engineering Consultancy)
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Date posted 10 October 2016
As a result of ongoing and continued success both within Malaysia and internationally, this global leader in manufacturing and packaging solutions is recruiting a Regional Business Development Manager to join their international division based in Malaysia.
About the Regional Business Development Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for defining the overall strategy of consulting services for the operational improvement of manufacturing clients, delivering the highest quality of service alongside each of the local sales teams in the region. You will also take the lead to ensure regional growth, profitability ambitions and business performance analysis.
- Lead and drive long- and short-term sales and profitability plans for the respective service category within the regions
- Ensure efficient provision and availability of promotional materials and sales kits to support the local sales teams
- Secure clear commercial guidelines and framework focusing on establishing pricing strategy and guidelines, commercial terms and legal agreements
- Lead the category potential analysis, understanding the service opportunity at account level for the different components of the portfolio
- Participate in the sales process - providing a deep understanding of the service portfolio, expertise in commercial offers and legal terms and conditions to offer
- Monitor and analyse category financial performance, report root causes of deviations and lead recovery plans by working together with the local sales teams
- Take the lead in market research and trends, competitor analysis and customer needs
To succeed in the Regional Business Development Manager job, you will need to have experience within market development, product management and sales within an industrial manufacturing environment. You will also need the ability to wok effectively and co-operatively with senior sales and account management teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Degree or Diploma in an Engineering related field. An MBA qualification will be a plus point
- At least 6 – 8 years of experience in B2B Product Management or B2B Marketing
- Experience in a Market Development role would be highly advantageous
- Experience from a consultancy background and proven track record experience in operational improvement or process improvement
- Knowledge of or experience within the manufacturing sector will be a strong advantage
- Ability to deal with senior management and different levels of stakeholders
- Passionate with strong drive and high potential
The successful Regional Business Development Manager will join a company whose expertise has made them the front runner in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great working environment and plenty of opportunity for career progression.
If you have a consultative approach to developing businesses with a keen understanding in manufacturing processes and operations, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125