Regional Business Development Manager
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Date posted 29 September 2016
A world leading international qualifying and professional body for engineers is looking for a talented and dynamic Regional Business Development Manager to take on a newly created role based in the Kuala Lumpur office.
About the Regional Business Development Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will take the lead in the exploration and development of new potential prospects throughout the South East Asia (SEA) region. You will be required to develop and maintain an understanding of issues facing the engineering profession in SEA and contribute to the formulation of the international business strategy for the region.
- Maintain and extend the organisation’s position and visibility of among the relevant stakeholder groups on an international level
- Maintain and enhance the organisation’s position and reputation as an authoritative voice and qualifying body for the mechanical engineering profession valued by individuals, their employers, educators and the wider engineering and business communities
- Develop long term relationships with key engineering employers and individuals to grow the international membership at every level
- Ensure membership acquisition and retention levels meet or exceed targets by identifying and exploring opportunities for membership growth within the region
- Responsible for providing regular support and guidance for engineers through the range of Professional Registration membership processes and application stages
- Conduct client and market intelligence research to strengthen the proposition for existing and future clients
- Develop strategic working relationships with key local companies, academic organisations, and relevant NGOs to support the development and profile of the organisation
- Identify opportunities for joint working with other global Professional Engineering bodies to raise the profile of professional standards and the role of these Institutions
To succeed in this Regional Business Development Manager job, you must possess strong Business Development experience, strategy and extensive relationship management abilities. You will be business- and customer-focused, entrepreneurial and driven.
- Degree holder from a reputable university
- A high level of credibility and respect with industry, academia and public authorities with a career background that underpins such a position
- Proven experience in a complex marketing, business development or sales environment
- Experience in creating and developing long term business relationships
- Proven experience of interacting with a wide range of stakeholders ranging from students, through to professionals at various stages of their careers to some of the most senior figures in the business community
- Excellent people and relationship management skills
- Good communicator, in both spoken and written English
- Self confident and robust in decision-making – willing to take or make decisions whilst balancing conflicting objectives
This leading international professional engineering body has an outstanding reputation in a diverse range of engineering sectors. Established almost 200 years ago, they are one of the oldest institutions with strong presence in the UK and USA regions and have shown recent significant growth in Asia and the Middle East. With a continuously growing member base, they are currently expanding their reach across the globe.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step to pioneer the growth of an organisation, this is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125