Regional Business Development & Strategy Manager
Consultant Rachel Chan
Date posted 16 September 2016
An exciting Regional Business Development & Strategy Manager job has just become available at one of the world leader in material handling based in Selangor. Reporting directly to the Managing Director - APAC, this is a role for a Business Development & Business Strategy Professional who is a leader in a consulting field.
About the Regional Business Development & Strategy Manager Role:
As a core member of the corporate strategy department, you will be responsible for supporting the top management in the overall strategic planning process and other strategic initiatives/projects. This is a critical and highly visible role that works with core management team in Asia Pacific that requires a motivated and resourceful individual with a sense of ownership and prior experience of managing strategic planning process and projects.
- Support the overall company's strategic planning process by working with other departments in gathering external data (economy, industry, market, etc.) and internal data (KPIs performance) from various sources
- Analyse the data for trend and synopsis for the information of top management
- Track and communicate market trends to/from the field including competitor data, and develop as well as lead effective counter-strategies
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the company's strategic projects and initiatives by designing systematic and structure process for project management, follow-up and ensure the implementation of the agreed action items
- Gather data, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis and generate creative but actionable /practical recommendations for the top management/Board's decision making process
- Organise and facilitate cross-functional strategy workshops
- Prepare business case and presentation materials relating to company initiatives and strategies
- Participate in due diligence and return of investment analysis for special projects including M&A and other investment opportunities
- Any other adhoc corporate projects and initiatives as assigned
With a background in global professional services marketing you will be well used to working in a matrix structure and across borders. Exposure to a similar role in a consensus based partnership culture is critical and so outstanding communication and persuasion skills are required.
Sensitivity to diverse cultures is also key - as is a regional business development perspective. The ability to develop overall business strategy and plans are absolutely essential, giving you great scope to set direction and lead the business in it's next growth phase. Intellectual rigour and the credibility to work closely with the partners of the business will ensure your success in this role.
- At least a Bachelor's Degree, preferably MBA with good academic records
- Minimum 8 solid years of experience in a business development and corporate strategy role
- Ability to develop overall business strategy and plans
- Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Good verbal and written English and Mandarin
This global material handling manufacturer needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Regional Business Development & Strategy Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125