Government Affairs & Markets Manager
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant ShenJin Tay
Date posted 15 September 2016
A leading international manufacturer is searching for an experienced Government Affairs & Markets Manager to be based in the Kuala Lumpur office to drive profitable growth in the government market segment.
About the Government Affairs & Markets Manager Role:
You will be responsible for creating conducive policy framework conditions, building and nurturing critical senior government relationships to raise the company’s profile and brand with the government. In this business critical role, your main responsibility is to create a strong channel for sales and business development in relation to government-related projects.
- Drive and generate high-complexity government sales
- Enlist the support of all government agencies and public sector resources and potentially influencing groups to ensure a level playing field for procurement opportunities and increase the likelihood of successful sales outcomes
- Provide government subject matter expertise and political guidance to the management team and direct support to sales teams
- Perform an annual deep dive in key ministries and agencies, mapping key stakeholders, profiling the people, priorities and budgets
- Develop and execute government affairs strategies in close support of the tactical and strategic business operations
- Lead Government engagement and outreach plans, based on the identification of business-critical regulatory and policy issues (offensive and defensive) as well as key government growth projects
- Build and nurture critical senior government relationships at all levels (federal, state, province, and local)
The successful Government Affairs & Markets Manager will need to articulate business and commercial-driven strategies using key networking skills with the government sector and work effectively and co-operatively with various departments in the company.
- Hold a relevant Master’s degree (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent in spoken and written English and local languages
- Possesses significant tactical and operational government / government-related experience
- Has the ability to identify challenging business issues and work as part of a team in developing necessary strategies and plans involving government outreach and engagement
- Strong communication skills with high level political appointees as well as career bureaucrats using a government-centric language and building relationships with influencers/decision-makers
- Exude confidence and diplomacy being seen as a trusted advisor and advocate (both internally and externally) on all key government policy issues affecting the company
- Track record of honesty, integrity and good judgement
This international manufacturing giant requires no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest of standards.
If you are a talented and focused business development professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Government Affairs & Markets Manager job is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125